cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bernard Matthews Dies

Community Veteran

Bernard Matthews Dies

Bernard Matthews the turkey farmer has died aged 80.
He was well known for his catchphrase 'Bootiful'.
Bernard Matthews
14 REPLIES
idlewis
Grafter

Re: Bernard Matthews Dies

I am upset that Bernard Matthews has died.  I wonder his food will still taste bootiful now he still no londer alive.
Community Veteran

He resigned from the board on his 80th birthday in January so wasn't involved in day-to-day management. 
nadger
Rising Star

When my wife was expecting our daughter she couldn't go near the oven or eat anything too fatty - I cooked a lot of Matthews turkey joints during those months  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I always used to like the adverts for his burgers as a kid. I used to drool over them.
I cant remember the last time I saw him on TV but it must of been what... 92?
Sad he's gone, no doubt like other companies it will now turn its focus on cutting costs and maximising profit...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

they had a recent phot of him of the Local news (it covers Norfolk) and he looked very gaunt, but still recognisable, aldso his relation ship with the Caister Life Boat, its independant of the RNLI, Jim Davidson, said his pieces, hes was a joint Patron with Bernard
Bernard in the middle

http://www.caisterlifeboat.org.uk/boats/bernard-matthews.php  Click on boats, Two Bernard Mathews and one Jim D
Community Veteran

Quote from: okrzynska
Sad he's gone, no doubt like other companies it will now turn its focus on cutting costs and maximising profit...

I think you'll find this was already being done under his leadership.  The friendly persona wasn't always as true as it appeared.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: pierre_pierre
they had a recent phot of him of the Local news (it covers Norfolk) and he looked very gaunt, but still recognisable, aldso his relation ship with the Caister Life Boat, its independant of the RNLI, Jim Davidson, said his pieces, hes was a joint Patron with Bernard
Bernard in the middle

http://www.caisterlifeboat.org.uk/boats/bernard-matthews.php  Click on boats, Two Bernard Mathews and one Jim D
That Is an Interesting picture Pierre-Pierre, Never thought I would be reading something like this somewhere like here, Funny old world aint It, My memory of him Is In my link, Very different to the picture, Well not facially but certainly thinner, Shame really, Still 80 Is a good age.

Community Veteran

I was going to post this news in my Ducks thread but thought better of it Wink
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hee Hee If Bernard Matthews had his way there wouldn't be a duck In sight In that thread, 'bootiful' ( Burp )
Community Veteran

I guess it's a bit ironic that he died on Thanksgiving Day Undecided
Fixes: 47

No doubt his funeral will be bootiful
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

In the sincerest way; you could say he feathered his own nest.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Wasn't it BM that started the turkey twizzlers - much derided now by those promoting good food. ?
Community Veteran

He managed to use every bit of a turkey in some dish or other.  Some were not at all appetising  Roll eyes