Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belgium may soon be a World Champion

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Belgium may soon be a World Champion

Not something you usually associate with Belgium but  
Belgium could soon be named World Champion in Not Forming a Government. The country has been in limbo since June, with coalition talks between the seven parties constantly breaking down. The latest mediator, appointed by King Albert II, resigned last week, complaining that he couldn't even get all the parties around one table. If the politicians haven't sorted out their differences by 17 February, the paralysis will have lasted for 250 days, and the record will be in the bag
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/30/belgium-waits-for-a-government
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Belgium may soon be a World Champion

When I saw something about Belgium not having a government in another thread I thought it was a joke. I didn't take it seriously at all.
Now having seen this thread I am astonished! They may actually set the way forward for the rest of us at this rate. Lets face it, what government has ever got it right? They always poke their noses into our business, tell us they know how we should live our lives best etc.. why can't they just leave us alone eh?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
community
Grafter

Re: Belgium may soon be a World Champion

sounds ok to me...why don't we go the whole hog and have fully autonomous LOCAL government......