cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being sent bogies in the mail!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Being sent bogies in the mail!

What is it with companies when they send you a flyer that they have to seal it with those sticky dots or snail trails! I got one of these this morning and because it was destined for the shredder I had to remove them so they didn't gum it up.

It was disgusting, OK we’re all grown up (well should be) and in all honesty it felt like I was rolling a bogie once I’d cleaned them off. We’ve all went mining in our faces at some point in our life so you'll know what I mean. Do they use this fixative just to annoy me us.

24 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Being sent bogies in the mail!

Why do they do that; its snot niceCheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Pick it, lick it, roll it, flick it... Tongue

Community Veteran

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

My thoughts too, @Mook

John
Leapy
Aspiring Pro

When cut & paste was a tangible artwork design process for Printers and Advertising Agencies, Cow Gum rubber solution was used and dried cow gum looked like snot and was used as an eraser.

It was common practice, in our studio, to dare someone to wear a big mock snot ball under their nose and go to the local shops and buy something Grin 

Cow Gum Tin.jpgcow gum.jpg

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Is the stuff thermosetting? If it is you could collect all the trails into one big ball and retire on the proceeds when you sell it as a relaxation aid.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Minivanman
Hero

@Mook

Why do you shred envelopes?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.

I do if it has my name and address on it rather than seeing an address through a window.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Minivanman
Hero

Really, why?

Sorry, but I do not see the point. Huh

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.

Don't want anyone sorting through my rubbish seeing where it came fromCheesy

Or, more likely, I just like shreddingWink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I have a small paper bonfire when I need to get rid of paperwork that has personal info on it, one of the joys of living in what is loosely considered countryside... Grin

Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

Why do you shred envelopes?

It wasn't an envelope it was an A4 sheet of thick paper folded over with the edges sealed with bogies. But I would shred an envelope if it and any personal details on it.

Leapy
Aspiring Pro

twocvbloke wrote:

I have a small paper bonfire when I need to get rid of paperwork that has personal info on it, one of the joys of living in what is loosely considered countryside... Grin

If it has no personal info it goes in the council recycling, if it has personal data, I drown it in a bucket and pull it to bits when soggy and pulpy and that goes in my compost. If anyone wants to go through my compost, they are welcome.Wink

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,
Community Veteran

twocvbloke wrote:

I have a small paper bonfire when I need to get rid of paperwork that has personal info on it

Mine goes in an old metal bread bin with chicken wire as a lid then the ashes are tipped over my garden the next day.

Just bank statements, utility bills, stuff like that.