cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behaviour.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Behaviour.

Do you think it would be generally true to say that you can predict a persons future behaviour based on their past behaviour ?
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Behaviour.

Broadly speaking no I don't.
Take me for example...........no-one else will Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
WTF
Grafter

Depends on how the behaviour worked out for them .. and how smart they are  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: gleneagles
Do you think it would be generally true to say that you can predict a persons future behaviour based on their past behaviour ?

No. Most folks still maintain the same way of thinking unless a serious life changing event happens.
The only times someone may change (IMO) is if they've been going through difficult times and they gradually ease off, you met them on a bad day OR they're still young and going through that "I'm going to take on the world" thing which they grow out of. Other than that, I think people continue to think the same way for most of their lives.
People like our new member who likes outbursts on other forums will probably continue to do so.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Devonian
Grafter

I suppose it depends what actions in the past you look at.
Some 10 years ago, I remember getting a hammering on my front door, I opened it to find 2 kids crying and saying a man was after them.
The man was just down the road, and very drunk.  Admittedly we had words and I planted a 4 knuckle shuffle on his chin.
So to judge me on that action now is craziness, I have never hit anybody since.. or before actually.
Although... would I do it again?  Yes I would.. so maybe I should be judged on that?
shalom2010
Grafter

I'm going to sound like Spock now...ready.
Logic dictates (at least in my mind!) that future events in life, can alter our future behaviour. 
As an example I never ever swear but once in my life I did after an idiot smashed into my car whilst I was stationery at a junction. Is swearing a behaviour ? (being rude?)
Anyway that's my small contribution Smiley