cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bee's like ketchup!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Bee's like ketchup!!

"What's for lunch" said SWMBO. This surprised me since the average sparrow would complain of malnutrition at the portion sizes Mrs P eats, I quite often skip lunch as its too much trouble often to do it for one. She continued "I just fancy some chips" "Ok" said I, "I'll nip to the chippy", "Got any of those straw chips in the freezer?" she responded. It so happened there was.
Twenty minutes the chips were ready..."want some sauce" I shouted from the kitchen (SWMBO was in the garden by now) "yes! brown please" she intoned back. I had a little Heinz Tomato ketchup with mine.
Nearby, we have a couple of bee colonies. I finished my chips, leaving the plate on a table alongside. Within ten minutes two bees were worrying the ketchup residue, then another joined them. Evidently they were enjoying it.
They were not at all interested in Mrs P's left-over HP sauce though.
Is there a moral here?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Bee's like ketchup!!

Beez queenz demandz Heinz ?
Not young enough to know everything
Fixes: 125

I'm waiting for a definitive comment from HPsauce  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yeah! hadn't thought of that....yeah! way to go...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Petlew

Nearby, we have a couple of bee colonies. I finished my chips, leaving the plate on a table alongside. Within ten minutes two bees were worrying the ketchup residue, then another joined them. Evidently they were enjoying it.
They were not at all interested in Mrs P's left-over HP sauce though.
Is there a moral here?

Yes indeed,..... make sure you eat all the sauce before you get covered in a swarm of bees....

(for information..... the guy who invented Colmans mustard, is supposed to have said, " Colmans will only make a profit out of what goes down the drain after the meal is finished"
... and he is right of course ! ! ! )