cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful who you trip up

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Be careful who you trip up

A 28 yr old woman tripped up a guy running from police, and they then pounced on him.....

and arrested him...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5224247/Woman-trips-thug-tries-flee-police.html

All very well and good,.... BUT.... has the Daily Mail now put her in great danger, by showing a photo of her, giving her name and age, out to the criminal world? Shocked

Let`s hope not....

15 REPLIES
Jonpe
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Be careful who you trip up

Probably this old lady's granddaughter Laugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfFQ1aOUnk8  Love the way the Yanks describe Northampton as "just outside London".

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Best to stay out of things these days than try to do the right thing. It has all sorts of weird consequences now when you try to do what is morally right.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Just walk into the path of the crim, then the cops can ass assault to the list of charges against the person they're chasing... Smiley

Champnet
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It will be interesting to see the "Victim" take out a private claim for damages against the "Tripper"........

Community Veteran
Fixes: 5

Yes, persumably the publicity was with consent.
I would be very careful going down that road.

As far as I am concerned the less people know about me, the bettter.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 34

Alex wrote:

As far as I am concerned the less people know about me, the bettter.

That's interesting @Alex, can you tell us more please.

Community Veteran

Nothing dodgy like that Smiley.

Where I live it is bad enough in my villiage. Everyone knows everyone and you feel like a celiberity as it is.

Mind you I have been on London ITV in the evenings. They did an article on people getting their A level results, I was one of them on the programme. That would have been 1995 I think.

Maybe I am a bit of a celebrity then Grin

Community Veteran

@Alex, is that it! Surely there's more to in than that?

Community Veteran

Ok a bit more then Tongue

Well I was in the audience in one of the first episodes of Gamesmaster with Domonic Diamond. Never saw Patrick Moore though, he must have been added in post-production. I spotted myself on camera when watching it. That was at a church in Shoreditch.

My aunt got tickets for Noel's HQ. Been there, there is a big TV studio by Wembley Park.

Also been to the Olympic Stadium about 5 times to watch the 2012 Paralympics, Sainsury's/Muller Anniversary games, been on TV there.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

I have a very famous ( historical ) great grandfather,....

. and I have also been seen on Television News talking with Princess Margaret for about 2 mins...

I have also been banned on this forum for a month .... Embarrassed

. does that make me a celeb  ?Cool

Community Veteran

shutter wrote:

I have also been banned on this forum for a month .... Embarrassed

No, it just makes your infamous. Grin

Luzern
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Alex wrote:

Nothing dodgy like that Smiley.

Where I live it is bad enough in my villiage. Everyone knows everyone and you feel like a celiberity as it is.

Mind you I have been on London ITV in the evenings. They did an article on people getting their A level results, I was one of them on the programme. That would have been 1995 I think.

Maybe I am a bit of a celebrity then Grin

@Alex i'd be very worried about that! I realise that you will have kept those youthful looks and be easy to trace! Even if you haven't, there's aging techniques for images, so you'll never be safe!Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Fixes: 135

I'm related to Enid Blyton on my mother's side.

I never met her because as youngsters my sister and I were banned from the front room when she visited as she didn't tolerate kids around her.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

Community Veteran

Yeah I remember that day.

I did far better than I expected, and there was a live section, where people could ask questions who didn’t do so well to examining people in the After 5 studio. The producers basically told people what they wanted them to ask.

I do feel sorry for those people. They didn’t ask me to ask any questions out live.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment, not sure if the term youthful applies to me anymore 😒