cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful what you wish for!

Fixes: 125

Be careful what you wish for!

Ever dreamt of a world without traffic wardens?
Even cockier than normal, these White Van Men are exploiting the parking free-for-all in the knowledge that their status as kings of the road is now impregnable here.
For, as the residents of Aberystwyth are discovering, the irony is that when you can, in theory, park anywhere, in reality you can’t find anywhere to park.

‘I never thought I’d say it, but I want the traffic wardens back,’ says the manageress.

Apparently traffic life decends into dog-eat-dog as people park anywhere and everywhere.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

1 REPLY
geoffp0
Grafter

Re: Be careful what you wish for!

I have not seen a traffic warden in Harwich for a few years now, but the local council employ their own guys to keep parking under control, a couple of years ago I got a ticket for £40 because I had stayed 3 minutes to long in a pay and display on the old harbour, I appealed but to no avail.
There are spy cameras around the town and if you park on a yellow line within minutes one of the council guys are there to issue you with a fixed penalty.