Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battleships

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Battleships

Battleships
Regular contributors to the chit-chat forum may remember a while back that shutter and I used to add to the end of posts a grid reference, when we tried to continue a game of the kids game Battleships (some know it as Sea Battle or a variety of other names) because it was conducted in numerous topics at the same time, it could get quite difficult to follow.
When I started the “New” topic yesterday, the intention was for shutter and I to quietly resume a game. But I've been mildly surprised at the response. So I have an idea for something a bit different in the chit-chat forum; a team challenge between 2 teams using a bit bigger grid than the 12x12 shutter and I were using.
Rules and game play would need to be refined, but is anybody interested? at this stage lets just get player numbers, I think a minimum of 6 would be needed, and obviously an even number of players, players would also need to enable their PM facility (if it isn't already) so teams can consult. with each other. Lets get that organised first, we can talk about how the game will played later.
It might be fun
So I'm in, who else?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: Battleships

i'm in..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Thanks aidewoo, and welcome to this exclusive club.
May I politely request that in the number of players applying bit, that perspective players refrain from making multiple posts in this topic, if someone wants to make comments please start a new topic with a related title...ta!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well, Obviously................... I`m in...... at least until I get sunk..... then I shall be really in it ! Lips are sealed