cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batteries

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Batteries

With a few days away coming up, I have as usual pre-charged 4 or 5 x 4 sets of rechargable AA batteries to use in my camera while away. The only problem I have is how to store them after charging, what I usually do is wrap elastic bands around them in there as charged sets, and trying to keep them apart keep them in my camera bag.
Does anybody know of a pukka plastic case to store batteries in? preferably in sets of 4.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
14 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Batteries

look here old boy Crazy
I also use small "really useful" boxes  you can also use "clip it boxes", available from Tesco or Sainsbury et al
Community Veteran

Ah! most kind pierre, just what I need. Off to my local Maplin.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

check the stock first, there is a box at the bottom of ech item, some are not in all stores
Community Veteran

I'm obliged to you again pierre, my local Maplins is showing zero stock.

Community Veteran

As implied, Maplins were out-of-stock at my nearest branch, the next being too far away for this lo-cost job, it would cost more in fuel, than the cost of the products!! However, a very very nice man at another outlet (trade only) has forwarded a few sets for to collect tomorrow at one of their local trade counters. Outlet not named out of respect to my contact doing something he's not strictly supposed to do...I'm not trade!

firefly2
Grafter

you had better take some good pics after that plug...
pleased you have your boxe sorted.. happy hols .... Smiley
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Hi petlew,
Next time you're re-stocking take a peek here - http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/aa.html
The Vapex cells are excellent quality at a good price and come complete with case.
I have no connection with the company - just a satisfied customer  Smiley
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

@4Candles, Oh how I wish you'd replied two days ago, that is exactly what I was looking for. Whilst those I did get are more than adequate for the job, those shown in your link are preeeecisly what I want. Some of my older batteries have seen much better days, so an immediate order has been placed for replacements.
Thank you.

198kHz
Seasoned Pro

Ah, would that I could, petlew - I only signed up to the forums a few days ago and have only just reached this one!
Better late than never, I suppose; makes your sig line look rather prescient  Wink
Community Veteran

Ah! then may I be among the first to welcome you to one of the friendliest forums around...

198kHz
Seasoned Pro

That it is, petlew, that it is, and thank you. BTW, who's repainted the walls - and why? Roll eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its a lot of reading but try this for starters http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,67023.0.html 
198kHz
Seasoned Pro

Er... yeah, thanks, pierre - [whisper] It wasn't a serious question  Wink
N/A

Quote from: 4Candles
Next time you're re-stocking take a peek here - http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/aa.html

Added to favorites, CR123A's for 80p each! Will save me taking my charger on safari.