cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bathroom carpets

Fixes: 125

Bathroom carpets

We've been looking at many properties for rental over the last few months and have come across quite a few that have carpets in the bathroom.
Both SWMBO and I don't like this idea and prefer lino or laminate as carpet gets soaked easily and can retain smells (if you get my drift).
Are we alone in this or do others have a dislike of carpet in the bathroom/toilet?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

12 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Bathroom carpets

We also think it is very unhygienic to have carpet(s) / rugs in the bathroom
Fixes: 47

I have a small bathroom 'rug' beside the bath.
The bathroom floor is vinyl and without the rug I'm liable to go flying when stepping out of the bath.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
TORPC
Grafter

We use a towel on the floor for that same purpose
Fixes: 125

We have a tiled floor and SWMBO places a small rug by the side for when we bath. That gets picked up after and left to dry and washed regularly.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Thunderclap
Grafter

Cool The whole point of bathroom carpets IMHO is to; keep splinters from the floorboards out of your feet, stop water dripping into the flat downstairs and soak up the drips around the pan. Welcome to the world of student rentals.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Tiled bathroom with bathmat for us,
Don't have any carpets. Mainly oiled floor boards with the exception of the kitchen/laundry/pantry which has flagstones.
Community Veteran

In 46 years of marriage I don't remember us ever having a carpeted bathroom! In this house we don't even have a bath, just a shower cubicle.
Nowadays, we just use a small mat outside the shower door.
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

At Adair Towers we have tiles on concrete. Just throw some more faggots in the hypocaust to warm up the bathroom.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

We've got a couple of bathroom mats in ours, we also have a dehumidifier so they dry in a couple of hours anyway after a shower.
Fixes: 105

we had carpets in our bathrooms for a while, it was a new build and we had someone come in and carpet the whole lot.
over time we've replaced all that and now have tiles in them all as well as the hallway as the carpet there didn't last long at all...
Will Moderate For Thanks
WTF
Grafter

Tiles in our bathrooms, too.  Carpet and water - even just humidity - just don't mix.
Mind you, the missus considers carpets unhygienic anywhere.  The only place she'll allow them is on the stairs.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Had a carpet  for a few years but changed to tiles which are more hygienic and easier to clean when damp.