cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bargain Basement

Community Veteran

Bargain Basement

Reade Griffith has applied for planning permission to build a 2 level basement under his home in Kensington.  The basement will include swimming pool, spa, gym and treatment room.
Bargain Basement
Interestingly the local council want to charge £825,000 to approve planning permission. That's some charge Shocked
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Bargain Basement

Quote from: artmo
Interestingly the local council want to charge £825,000 to approve planning permission.

In other words they want a bribe. Give us a lot of money and you can have it. Don't give it and you can't. Interesting how they're happy for that to be public knowledge!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

If you read the article you'll see what they plan to do with the money Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

The problem is artmo, affordable housing these days doesn't actually mean that. It usually refers to the lower end of the market that is still unaffordable to many.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Bribe or not.... the sum of money for "processing" any "planning application" should reflect the amount of "work" done, by the "council"  to "approve" or "deny" on "relevant grounds" as found "by the Due Process"  ( americanism.... but you get my drift ? )
the figure they want is rediculous... either the application is a yes or no... depending on planning criteria...
My personal opinion is that Bribery is akin to robbery.... in this case... and has nothing to do with "Robin Hood".... more like "robbin` baskets"....  Undecided
Community Veteran

The owner will have looked into the charge I'm sure before paying it.  Had he refused such a large sum he could still have appealed the council's decision if it had gone against him due to failure to pay.