cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays banking problems... again

Fixes: 121

Barclays banking problems... again

Anyone else using Barclays online Banking?
I haven't been able to log at all this evening with various errors from 'wrong PINSentry code' to Connection reset and a blank page with just the word 'Error'.
This had been on three different browsers and on the tablet using both PINSentry and MobilePINSentry.
A call to Barclays got nowhere as they insisted there is no issues on their side.
No other websites are giving problems on any browser.
Frequently I get the connection reset error but usually after I have been automatically logged out after a short period of inactivity. I have then found I can't log back in again for quite some time while getting the Connection reset error.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Barclays banking problems... again

Strange as yesterday BillPay kept refusing to accept my money.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Mav
Anyone else using Barclays online Banking?

A bank that uses a vulture for its logo... what do you think?  Crazy  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I logged on this morning no problem 08.04
The app is OK as well
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra

I managed, eventually, to log in using PINSentry last night but still not Mobile PINSentry.
Just checked again and the Mobile PINSentry login gives an error that banking is not available yet I could log in immediately after with standard PINSentry.
As the card reader is failing I want to use the Mobile option. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the updated version of the Mobile app Undecided

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Finally spoke to someone at Barclays who did a bit of digging and found that there is an issue with the Mobile PINSentry since the app was updated yesterday which they hope to have fixed in a day or two.
Why a message to that effect could not have been displayed saving a lot of hassle I have no idea - neither did he. All I did occasionally get was error 30913 which didn't seem to mean anything to anyone I spoke to.