cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banking Hours

Fixes: 135

Banking Hours

For the first time in many years I have the need of an actual physical bank.

I'm with the TSB and I have need of some £5 notes.

Checking online I see that they only open weekdays 9am to 5pm.

Very annoying but I guess I only have myself to blame for banking almost exclusively online.

I did think of the cashpoint machine but I don't think you can ask for £50 in fivers.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

39 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Banking Hours

One of the Tesco ATM's here give out 5 pound notes, does yours? although you would be there for quite some time doing each transaction individually.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

Visit 10 pubs and ask for a packet of crisps in each one... !  .. pay with £20 notes.... you may not need to go to all ten!... you  could "strike it lucky" ... and get more than one fiver each time !..

Community Veteran

Steve wrote:

One of the Tesco ATM's here give out 5 pound notes, does yours? although you would be there for quite some time doing each transaction individually.

You ARE in Scotland.... are you not  ? ?   Cheesy

Steve
Seasoned Pro

I am that @shutter but might be worth a look where Strat is. We have two side by side but only one gives out 5 pound notes.

I thought of that @Steve but considered the possibility of my card being withheld due to the number of transactions in a short duration causing their fraud detection systems to kick in.

Community Veteran

@Steve   The irony of my last seems to have escape you....but never mind ! ! ... @Strat is a resident of Yokshu.. not far from ( or may be in ) Sheffield... would cost him more than a fiver to get to your ATM !

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Trust me @shutter the irony did not escape me. @Strat could you try cash back in store if you ask kindly enough for fivers. How many do you need? 

Edit: ten five pound notes? now that is a bunch of fivers lol

I have managed to source 2. The rest will have to wait until Monday.

The main point of my post was the restricted banking hours but like I said, most people do their banking online these days so It's our fault.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

My bank is going faceless ( RBS ) local branch being shutdown next year. More and more people seem to use online banking apparently. It is the elderly I feel sorry for they are  being left out in the cold it isn't fair. We have a rough population of 10.000 people here.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Any large supermarket stores near you ? Most have a number of atm outside so couple of transactions in the machine for £ 10 and you might get lucky with 2 × £ 5 Each time plus a visit in store spend a £1 and ask them can they change several of your notes for fivers, you would be more thn half way to your goal.

£ 20 Note ? long time since I last saw one, the most people drop in my hat is £1 or less

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

My bank is Nationwide , cant remember last time i had to go to branch .

See i am lucky across road i have a CoOp it has a ATM outside also a Post Office inside , the PO counter you can take just a £5 if you need to Smiley   and it opens longer hours

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 5

I had to go into my bank a couple of years ago, It was a house move and I had to do a CHAPS transfer to my solicitors account. I won’t go into the amount, but trust me it was significant enough you wouldn’t want to do it on-line.
8BKA
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I use my local Post Office to withdraw cash ( and to tax my car )  to help to keep it open and TSB customers can do the same

I usually have £10 notes as ATM mostly give £20 notes but I'm sure they would give you £5 notes 

Post Office banking

If you’re not near a TSB branch you can still access and deposit your money at Post Office branches nationwide. It’s convenient and completely free.

You can:

• withdraw money or check your balance using your debit card and PIN
  • this functionality is not available for ATM only cards
  • pay cheques and cash into your TSB personal current account

Hope this helps

Community Veteran

Steve wrote:

We have a rough population of 10.000 people here.

Yeah.... but there must be some nice people in Scotland..... somewhere. ? ? ?