cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank error in your favour

Fixes: 125

Bank error in your favour

Free money! Customers cash in as ATM pays out double and bank says they can keep the windfall
Some customers walked away thousands of pounds better off after news of the cash bonanza rapidly spread.
But HSBC said they would not be asking any customers to return the money as the mistake was theirs.

I don't think my conscience would allow me to keep it without contacting the bank to explain what happened.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Bank error in your favour

HSBC not having a good time by the looks of it: Smiley Smiley Smiley
ATM Stolen
The thieves also slashed the tyres of 2 police cars parked nearby to prevent being followed Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Bank error in your favour

A gang stole a digger from the road works on the nearby M25 widening works and tried one of the two cash machines in a local Sainsbury's about eighteen months ago. It failed, but did major structural damage to the store and its roof over hanging the area of the machines...without going to look I think they are HSBC as well, but might be wrong.
Edit: a link for it http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/news/features/botched-smash-and-grab-at-supermarket-1-1210837
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.