Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banish the blues!

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Banish the blues!

Feeling a bit crestfallen this morning, so I thought I would cheer myself up by watching a few fast steam locos..  blues now gone once I got past the compulsory ads at the beginning! Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyv_Ujl42iQ

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Re: Banish the blues!

Ah yes. !... doesn`t it make you want ot be a train driver.....  wonderful dreams of the past... 

Amazing cornering at that speed.... especially when you consider there is no tread on the tyres... ( yes train wheels do have tyres! )... and only about 2" or 50mm stopping it from going where it shouldn`t ! ! ..

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I wonder how many privately owned steam locos there now are. There seem to be dozens. A developing industry. We had a day out on the Cumbrian Mountain Express last year to Carlisle behind Duchess of Sutherland. Would have been perfect if the rain had held off in Carlisle.

Highlighted
Fixes: 415

Absolutely spine tingling.

Thanks @nozzer

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 74.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

I wonder how many of the "heritage" lines, would actually be profitable, if they were back in the hands of the rail company franchises now..... probably not... as they would want to "modernise" them way too much...

Although, I often think that many of the disused lines, could be re-instated to bring local traffic levels down, especially into major industrial towns... where commuting  is the "norm" from villages etc.