Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bang Bang weeeeeeeeeeeeee BOOM!

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Bang Bang weeeeeeeeeeeeee BOOM!

My dog has pished 3 times tonight on the kitchen bin, kids are letting fireworks off again..... Bonfire weekend for most of you and mopping kitchen floors weekend for me.

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
8 REPLIES
wildthing666
Grafter

Re: Bang Bang weeeeeeeeeeeeee BOOM!

It's a good time for vets many people go to them for things to calm their pets and most of the time they prescribe out of date medication that was for human use.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Try Adaptil, it's like Feliway but for dogs:

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-behaviour-adaptil-c-837_2

(And a whole lot cheaper from there than by going to the vets to be reamed in the rear for their extortionate pricing!!!)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

My dog (a 10yr old Lab) loves to go out and bark at the fireworks. Its about the ONLY time he actually barks! He is usually a big old wuss.
My old dog used to love watching them in the sky.

A few years ago one of my neighbours dogs had a heart attack when they were going off.

So it varies from dog to dog.
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Strange how you can go through life without realising something, but Mrs Minivanman mentioned to me only a little while back that as a child their family never had fireworks. On checking around it seems it was because her family were Catholics and that the burning of Guy Fawkes was frowned upon by the church because of his own particular affinity. Funny thing was that she never realised this either until years later which is just as well because our kids used to love them!

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 123

Minivanman wrote:

...because her family were Catholics and that the burning of Guy Fawkes was frowned upon by the church because of his own particular affinity.

I have heard of that before but I came from a catholic family yet we always 'celebrated' with a burning a guy.

Back then we used to stuff an old pair of trousers and jumper of my dad's with old newspapers after sewing up the ends then stuff a balaclava and place a mask over it and then sew and old pair of shoes to the legs. Last time I saw someone doing a 'penny-for-the-guy' it was just a mask on a football in a pram

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Mav wrote:

Last time I saw someone doing a 'penny-for-the-guy' it was just a mask on a football in a pram

Or more often just their kid brother in the pram wearing the mask.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Last time I was given a penny for the guy..... I had the Mrs with me Grin

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 123

Wouldn't it have been the Mrs that was given the pennyWink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still