Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bang Bang BAng .. woof woof woooof

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Bang Bang BAng .. woof woof woooof

Anyone else`s dog going mental from hearing firworks ? Its been bang bang for 3 nights now in my area, and here was me thinking everyone was skint  Shocked
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Bang Bang BAng .. woof woof woooof

Each year I dream of renting a loitering UAV equipped with sound seeking missiles and a timer switch to activate after 11pm.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

With the fireworks getting bigger and the bangs getting louder I'm surprised there isn't some sort of limit on the say "explosive power" of the firework.
If there is one it's not low enough.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Heh, when I was a kid you'd get fireworks going off for two weeks either side of Nov 5th day or night. These days some of you think you're hard done by when they start 3 days before?  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Usually here the bangs start weeks early.
This year though, as you say, it's been only a few days.
I wonder what's changed.
Lack of money to burn.
Prices of rockets soaring.
I miss the fun (more dangerous) fireworks like helicopters and jumping jacks.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: billnotben
Lack of money to burn.

In the 80's recession it didn't stop people buying them and letting them off for weeks either side of Nov 5th.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

That recession didn't seem to hurt (me) so much in the 80's, as money seemed to go further then. Plus the savings interest rate was more realistic compared to the one today where you just give your money to the bank.
jmd
Grafter

My dog spent 4 hrs on Saturday evening barking at all the bangs/whooshes etc!  She used to be nervous of them now she has decided to go into competition and see if she can make more noise!  So turned up TV, sang to her, played with her toys but nothing would deter her from barking!! Angry
Found out next that there had been a organised display about half mile away, Sunday evening was quiet.
Last night was non stop barkathon!!  Sad
Wish that fireworks were only available to orgainsed display that only happen on the 5th so that at least you knew that the only bad night for your pets was on one occasion.  I feel for those who have dogs that are nervous and shaking when they hear the bangs as well as ones like mine who go berserk.
I seem to remember Bonfire Night in my childhood as being given a sparkler to hold whilst some small pretty fireworks went off.  Now the large and noisier the better it seems.
Yes, people are supposed to be short of money so why do they set their money on fire then?
Fixes: 125

Quote from: billnotben

Grin

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still