cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Weather

Community Veteran

Bad Weather

So you had some bad weather in places in the UK over the Bank Holiday.  Here in Florida we awoke this morning to a tornado watch. Severe damage in about an hour and nearly an inch of rain.  Some great pics here:
http://tinyurl.com/dl5dyx
The SUV was flipped over by the wind. Fortunately nobody was inside.
What a difference from yesterday when we had 88.
15 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Bad Weather

Community Veteran

Sorry, my link doesn't seem to work. Don't know why .  It sometimes works if refreshed.  If not see if this one works:
http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2009/4/14/460203.html?title=Thunderstorms+roll+across+area,+bring...
Then click on 'see photos of the storm'.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

worked OK for me, although it was a typical Yank one full of  debri, the photo's had a mind of their own, but did see them all
Community Veteran

Yes I know what you mean when you say the pics have a mind of their own. Grin
jmd
Grafter

Weather here has been lovely - warm and sunny!
Community Veteran

Hey artmo
Look what you are missing and no mosquitoes or alligators  Roll eyes
Warmest day of the year as temperatures hit 21C
Millions of Britons will enjoy the warmest day of the year so far on Wednesday, as temperatures reach up to 69.8F (21C).

The South and East and country will have the best of the unseasonal weather, with London forecast to see higher temperatures than Tenerife, Barcelona and Nice.

(21C).>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/5154187/Warmest-day-of-the-year-as-temperatures-hit...

Community Veteran

Ah but tomorrow is promised to be upper 70sF and back to around 84F on Thursday. Cool
The tornado did a lot of damage but I'm impressed at the speed they have started to get repairs done and get things back to normal.
scootie
Grafter

speed they have started to get repairs done and get things back to normal

well doesn't it happen around twice a year down there so should be as natural as us Brits clearing the leaves in autumn
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and here is todays pic
Community Veteran

ASBO DOG yes this weather is not uncommon here and they are very used to getting their emergency services out asap.  When I return here in September/October we then have hurricanes to worry about Wink
Community Veteran

Have a look at the latest map Pierre. As you see everything is normal again.
BTW this map is produced by Klystron which is the most advanced radar forecasting used here.
http://www.baynews9.com/Klystron9.html
MommaCat
Grafter

I live just a few miles outside the City of Bath, in "Zummerzet" and the Bank Holiday weather was lovely - warm and sunny!  However, today, in spite of the Daily Express telling us today would be the hottest day of the year so far with temperatures in the 70s, here there is a quite chilly wind and a cloudy sky.  It did rain a little this morning according to my next door neighbour - I wouldn't know because I slept until my cat started slapping me around the face at 8.45 am!  Grin
Community Veteran

Quote from: MommaCat
However, today, in spite of the Daily Express telling us today would be the hottest day of the year so far with temperatures in the 70s, here there is a quite chilly wind and a cloudy sky. 

The hottest day of the year was for them in the Sarf East, not for us outsiders
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Look out Artmo, Double trouble