cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Babies to be chipped

Fixes: 47

Babies to be chipped

http://topinfopost.com/2014/01/22/all-european-newborn-babies-will-be-microchipped-from-may-2014
On May 2014, through Europe newborn children will be compelled to take in a subcutaneous RFID chip.

However
Hoax - 'All European Newborn Babies Microchipped From May 2014'

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/newborns-microchipped-europe-may-2014.shtml
It may or may not be a hoax now but........
Britons 'could be microchipped like dogs in a decade'
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
44 REPLIES
randpwar
Grafter

Re: Babies to be chipped

I opened the first two links thinking ‘it’s just got to be the Mail peddling trash like that’….I was right, eventually.  Wink
Horrible thought though. Can’t wait for the ‘If you’ve got nothing to hide…’ brigade to try and justify this 

Maybe governments are testing the water again to see if the opposition has mellowed.
TORPC
Grafter

Look at the contaminated river the HoP is situated against, I think all the sewerage odours have gone to their heads, or the contaminants and poisons of their their money sniffing habits as they say every 1 in x amount of bank notes contain residue of illegal substances
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

My first thought  Embarrassed was is this the new flavour of Walker's crisps
Please ignore me I will recover I promise  Grin

This is far too serious a topic for such flippant remarks......I liked it though Grin
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

its going to be happening in the USA under Obama care as part of the anti fraud measures.....the problem is they cant decide what data to actually put on the chips, IMHO its a good idea but in terms of on chip info I'm a great believer in less is more (a single entry of a 64 digit number which would equate to nothing unless you're scanning with access to the required database to return results)
I wouldn't put it past the powers that be in Brussels to create legislation forcing new-borns to be chipped, chipping programs have already started in various other countries around the world as part of massive social security overhauls and realistically it is just a matter of time before a subcutaneous injection is granted to all trying to access state provided services.....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I thought the bottom of the barrel had been reached with google glass, but this does take the biscuit.
Am i just getting old before my time or what ? the 16yr old seems to think so.. Sad
I do love my tech but i find all this kind of stuff just to much to bear, I had a very hard time a few months ago when visiting america. They took my finger prints along with an iris scan at the airport, i just made me so angry..... Off to the Gym.....
Community Veteran

Why does the American security arrangements worry you? If it prevents one criminal entering the country it's a good thing. 
nanotm
Pro

I'd be happier if the UK/EU had similar boarder security measures in place, might stop a large chunk of the nasty folk from getting their claws into our territories, certainly given how hard it is to get rid once they have landed it would be a big bonus to be able to stop them from arriving at point of entry
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
My first thought  Embarrassed was is this the new flavour of Walker's crisps

Sounds like a modest proposalSmiley
Gabe
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: artmo
Why does the American security arrangements worry you? If it prevents one criminal entering the country it's a good thing. 

Could you define 'criminal' though? Do you mean terrorists or people who have had a speeding ticket?
Criminals are still people artmo. I know you might think of them as animals but they have to live somewhere too and no doubt they like to travel.
How long does a criminal remain a criminal too? We have 'spent convictions' but does the USA have the same system? Does that mean the USA is going to reject everyone entering even if they paid a council tax bill late or sneezed in public?
Terrorism is one thing. Filtering out anyone they don't like for whatever reason is something else.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86942.pdf - the bit you need to read is the definition of Moral Turpitude
Community Veteran

Ooops I thought you meant  using one of these   Wink Wink
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 125

Back to the OP and chipping babies...
I just think it plain wrong - bit like branding.
I'd hate to think that I had a chip embedded somewhere in my body and I can imagine many people mutilating themselves to get it out.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still