cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTs 'complete' broadband..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

BTs 'complete' broadband..

BT are heavily advertising on the TV again for their BB with some animated character wearing a scarf.
They claim to be offering 'complete' broadband. So I am wondering.. what is it that would make incomplete BB? - Do they knock off the parity bit on data packets or something?  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
4 REPLIES
thisoldman
Grafter

Re: BTs 'complete' broadband..

by complete i take it they mean  ..... a licence to snoop on you  flog you adverts you dont want etc etc etc, .....remember phorm?
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I just got one of there adverts through the door.  Angry
johpal
Grafter

In the dark days, when BT was my ISP, they supplied a router (then a white, monolithic slab, with large, bright, green disco lighting) that was VoIP capable (expensive calls, on a separate bill). It also connected (via Bluetooth) with your (BT) mobile when in range and use the internet connection for calls, instead of the mobile network, reducing call costs. This aspect has been replaced by wi-fi, I imagine. All packages included (and still do) free minutes for access to BT public wi-fi hotspots. Clincher now (perhaps) is BT Vision, but at £12-some per month extra, at the line speeds I was receiving, is something of an expensive joke. Also an email account.
julesandsand
Grafter