Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT

greyposter
Grafter

BT

Two letters received from BT this am
1- In order to receive all the features and benifits of your BT Broadband order,we are writing to you to confirm your preference of email address.
2- We have been attempting to contact you via telephone to advise you that,unfortunately,your migration to BT Total Broadband has encountered an error and failed.
In order to migrate to BT,we require a new migration key as the one you previously supplied us with is invalid.
Seeing that I havent applied for  BT Broadband or asked for a mac code from 'Plusnet,I'm truly baffled.
7 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: BT

That is quite bizarre.
Community Veteran

Could it be another supplier trying to do something naughty and get your account without your permission.
N/A

Sounds like slamming, which of course Mr B wouldn't be able to say Wink
That said, it could be an innocent mistake if somebody with a number similar to yours had been mistyped by a call centre type.
I wouldn't worry too much, but if you have the time and patience it might be worth giving them a call asking what they think they are playing at.
greyposter
Grafter

I've had nothing but trouble from BT since I left them.A long line of incompetence and will phone them when I cool down.  Sad Lips are sealed
nadger
Rising Star

Certainly seen Pipex pull similar tricks Sad
As has been pointed out someone putting in one incorrect digit could be the reason especially with offshore call centres.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

do you mean to say the British Telecom use a call centre in Mumbai Crazy
Community Veteran

Not for everything...
I had a prolonged "conversation" with BT (telephones) recently with many calls to people who sounded like English was not their native language (or that Hermione and George were their normal names  Roll eyes ).
Eventually the "problem" was resolved by a couple of nice customer service people with Scottish accents, who incidentally phoned me.....