cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT

valart
Grafter

BT

I wonder if BT will gain more customers after glowing reports today, I used to have my phone line with them but their prices
were too high I am not sure about customer service do you have to phone India if you have a problem.

5 REPLIES
Razorback
Grafter

Re: BT

I read the report to be BT Group, including the likes of PlusNet.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

BT are sharks, i can't understand why people still use them for anything other than a basic phone. We have the landline with them but we'd never use them as an ISP - been there and done that before and it caused nothing but misery.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

When looking about for a new ISP to ditch the old, slow, and very useless one, I did look at BT's offerings a lot, but, they dropped the sainsburys gift card at the right moment and Plusnet had the £50 cashback, 6 months free FTTC package on the go, so, PN won, there were other cheaper options in the comparisons, but, those were with the former ISP and a couple of other less-reputable companies... Grin
Fixes: 125

For many years I held the concept that you were better with BT as it was their infrastructure and, therefore, would have greater knowledge and interest in keeping it working at it's best. I'll never know if it was/is true but their customer support in the late 80's early 90's was excellent but went downhill after that and I frequently found the India call centres to be absolute rubbish.
Now I am with PN for phone and broadband I have got used to their little billing quirks but at least they have a UK-based call centre Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

BT were sharks around the 2000 era. They had a dialup unlimited / anytime package for modem users for £14.99 a month just like freeserve. Great in theory except that you'd get connected and then they'd disconnect you within seconds. On the few occassions they didn't disconnect you, you'd get little to no throughput and even then if you stayed connected for longer than 5-10 minutes you knew your time was limited. Strangely however they were claiming that their broadband for £45 a month on the same phone lines people were already using, would be utterly reliable  Angry
Then it all came out.. on BBC Watchdog... They'd been intentionally disconnecting people to convince them of the unreliability of dialup in order to maximise broadband sales. BT tried to deny it and claim that too many customers had been using too much internet but it was too late - the memo had been leaked!
I will never trust BT again as an ISP. They are sharks. What they failed to explain was how other ISPs were able to offer a reliable dialup connection when dialup was apparently so unreliable.. Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!