cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT witheld number

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

BT witheld number

We have a BT line, and our number is EX directory/witheld.... It is a long time since I last neded it, and I have forgotten what numbers to dial to allow distant numbers to accept the call when I dial their number... it is a prefix  like 1571  ( messages ) or 1471 ( last caller number)... can someone remind me please.....
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: BT witheld number

Hi Gerry,
It's 1470.
Community Veteran

Ah Yes !... Thanks very much, James... will put it on a card by the phone ! ! ...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

If you have a phone with a "phonebook" why not add it in there and give it a suitable name. I did the same thing with "call diversion" as could never remember the on/off numbers.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

No, I don`t have a phone with phone boook... but I do have a book near the phone called "Phone Book"...  Cheesy  (not really,.... just a couple of odd scraps of paper stuck nearyby (wall phone on my desk) using a blob of blue tack !.  Grin Grin