Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT increasing line rental

techguy
Grafter

BT increasing line rental

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/23/bt_monthly_rises/
Going to talk to my parents about switching our main landline to PN I think as its taking the mick.
Can they sign up just for home phone?
42 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: BT increasing line rental

Can someone from PN reassure us that they are not going to raise prices in the next few months Huh
techguy
Grafter

I did ask this and Jamesh replied they had no plans to (will post the link to the thread when I find it)
James
Grafter

Our products are completely separate.
We currently have no plans to increase line rental.
techguy
Grafter

HI James
Can I sign 'em up for Home Phone without BB?
techguy
Grafter

So I guess thats a no then.
James
Grafter

Sorry, missed that.  It's not currently possible I'm afraid.
They could move both to us though Smiley
techguy
Grafter

We only need one net connection in the house and its already with PN.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Found it full detals here
Line rental
From 1st April 2009, we are changing our standard line rental price to £12.50 a month (from £11.50). However you can reduce your monthly line rental by £1.25, to £11.25, by opting for paper-free billing if you are still getting a paper bill, and paying your bill by Direct Debit. To change to paper-free billing, visit www.bt.com/paperfree. Excludes BT Basic, Light User Scheme, In-Contact Plus and Pay & Call customers.
Daytime UK calls
From 1st April 2009, we are changing the cost of UK calls made during the daytime by 0.59 pence per minute to 4.50 pence per minute. This does not apply to customers on the Unlimited Anytime Plan, who receive inclusive daytime UK calls. Excludes BT Basic, Light User Scheme and In-Contact Plus customers.
techguy
Grafter

I still think its a flipping cheek.
Its not like they are modernising the local loop now is it?
Thunderclap
Grafter

Gordon Brown is happy with the price rise as he gets to rip-off even more VAT. More tax to waste on Banker's Bailout Bonuses. But then he's always happy. Even with head in a bucket of nails. Because he doesn't get the point. Ever.
N/A

Wondered what the sting in the tail was going to be when they announced the 'free' 0845 and 0870 calls.
Maybe this news will bring more PN broadband users over to Homephone.
With regards to the telephone/no broadband discussion one of my friends had Homephone Anytime+ as a dialup light user but this was done by arrangement and had to be inputted manually. She now has broadband too.
At the open day we talked about it and this was how my friend came to use the service. Perhaps it is something that needs to be discussed further at PN Towers. 
techguy
Grafter

I'd very much like to move our main landline as it does not get very much use as we all have mobiles, work odd hours and it exists in the main for our monitored alarm system and PN would be a better way of managing the cost and a couple of quid cheaper
Community Veteran

I think this has been discussed by PN in this forum not very long ago Huh
paulby
Grafter

@techguy
I seem to recall that you could get the phone service on its own but it required manual input from Mand as it's not one of PN's standard offerings.  It may be worth dropping her a PM to see how the land lies.