cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT gives money back

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

BT gives money back

It seems that not everyone is enamoured with the idea of paying for BT's venture into broadcasting "sport". A report in the Telegraph and other places details Ofcom's ruling that BT should offer "No Quibble" refunds for those people who were charged for watching previously free Sports channels. BT started charging in August.  It sounds a bit like Bait and Switch. With this avenue of revenue restricted as a means of clawing back the massive marketing spend on Football, one wonders where else BT will try to sneak in fees.  Of course BT is not allowed to cross-subsidise, using for example line rental, are they?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
2 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: BT gives money back

I was not amused when I received my BT bill 3 weeks ago and saw the extra charge for the sports channels. On the phone to customer support for refund and to cancel the free sports channels.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: BT gives money back

There's no such thing as a free sports channel, gotta make their money somehow otherwise it's ITV Digital all over again (though that was more to do with people using dodgy viewing cards coupled with over-investment in sports events).... Grin
Just makes me glad that I find sports dull and boring and thus not requiring the pay (or pseudo-free)-TV services for such things... Cool