cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT dropping the ball for thier own customers as well as PN customers

PitchBlack
Grafter

BT dropping the ball for thier own customers as well as PN customers

My sisters husband decided to switch from BT BB and phone, to SKY BB and phone last year. A few weeks ago he said he was going to switch back to BT, I mentioned to my sister that with SKY being LLU you will probably lose your phone number. Anyway yesterday the switch happened and sure enough my sisters phone number has changed, and when you ring the new number, it doesn't ring at my sisters house and after 4 rings it puts you through to a mobile phone vodaphone message bank.
Edit, no one in my sisters house has a mobile phone contracted to vodaphone.
2 REPLIES
PitchBlack
Grafter

Re: BT dropping the ball for thier own customers as well as PN customers

Just been on the phone to my sister (she rang me as her phone doesn't accept incoming calls due to the stuff up with BT) and she said that she went to bed as mad as hell last night after phoning up BT and speaking to some Indian woman. So in a nutshell, BT are sending out an engineer to look at the phone line between 8am and 1pm. I said for her not to hold her breath and explained that after reading all the cock-ups by BTOR in this forum you could be without a phone line for a few days or a few weeks, then after the BTOR engineer has been, you will probably be without internet too as no doubt he will start to do the work, decide he is not qualified for the type of job and just down tools.
Personally I think it is time that the ISP's got together and tried to make switching ISP's more seamless than what it currently is.
janitor
Grafter

Re: BT dropping the ball for thier own customers as well as PN customers

Its not the ISPs that need sorting its BTOR, switching from any LLU ISP to any other ISP is a gamble. I switched from O2 o BT just over a year ago, and wished i hadn't bothered, it took two weeks for them to sort out the mess, which to an unqualified member of the public was an easy problem to diagnose, and just as easy to rectify. I could go into details but really don't want to fill this thread with the palaver that followed.