Did you mean: 

BT do community...

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

BT do community...

Check this out guys:
http://www.beta.bt.com/bta/forums/index.jspa
I discovered this today.  BT do community, how about that?  Have a look see what you think.  This appears to be BT going out to try and touch the customer in a similar fashion to how we do.
This is _absolutely_ nothing to do with us.  Our developers haven't touched a single piece of code on it.  (They might have copied us a little however... Wink )
4 REPLIES
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: BT do community...

Pah! They can only hope to emulate the PlusNet community Tongue
Community Veteran

Earliest dated post I can find is Nov 28 2006.
So its been going for a while then.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

I don't really understand some of the boards they have available.
Tell us you've paid your bill
If you want to tell BT that you recently paid your bill, use this service.
Do you receive a paper bill from BT but want to reduce its size?
Do you really need all the detail that is sent to you? If not, use this application to select the appropriate level of information for you, and help the environment at the same time.

Surely there doesn't need to be a board for this, rather than a setting in your account administration? Unless I'm not catching on to the point, and that I'm not registered.
Tamlyn
Grafter

Interesting. They're using the same forum software as Apple which has a cool feature I would like to implement on our forums: when starting a new topic, the poster can choose to mark it as a 'question' in which case one of the responses can be marked as 'the answer' which gives points to the user who posted the answer and also marks the topic as 'answered'. This has the dual benefit of rewarding post quality (rather than just quantity) and also helping everyone to find the quality posts later.
Unfortunately SMF doesn't have any feature like this available and it's architecturally quite different from Karma or similar systems. I think it would be worth the effort though.