Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT call canter

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

BT call canter

Looks like BT have had enough of Indian Phone center  Smiley
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240176/BT-pledges-answer-80-customer-enquiries-UK-year.html
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
42 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: BT call canter

Wrong ...... it is not BT who have had enough of forren call centres..... it s BT CUSTOMERS...
Mind you... It has taken 12 years for BT to realise this.... despite the number of complaints about trying to communicate with a communications company.....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Last time I had to deal with a foreign call centre was with NTL (pre-virginmedia), and it was painful to work through, neither of us understanding each other mostly because we were basically speaking two different languages, and of course the lines being so bad it was probably like telephones from 100 years ago, so stupid to export the tech support (who 99.9999999% of the time didn't have a clue what they were doing, just reading a script that had no bearing on basic issues) to another country, for any company really, yes it's cheaper, but, if your customers move to another provider on that basis, then it costs you more money...
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Shutter  Wink  it proves that BT actually listen eventually to there customers even after 12 years
Makes you wonder would we have to wait 12 years for things to change nudge nudge wink wink , i may get told off using the obvious 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The timing of the announcement is probably nothing to do with the Ofcom review into the digital future of the UK. Responses from the public to the consultation are due in early October.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

When I had my phone line rental from BT, I had no issues using their Indian call centres. I had much better service off them than say certain Scottish based energy and TV call centres.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: shutter
Mind you... It has taken 12 years for BT to realise this.... despite the number of complaints about trying to communicate with a communications company.....

Remember Bob Hoskins promoting their old motto of "It's good to talk" ?
Well just goes to show doesn't it. They're hypocrites because they have never liked talking to their customers. 12 years is a terrible time to take to put something right.
A nasty company with a nasty attitude. As for BT internet... or openworld.. or whatever they're called now... never again. Absolute sharks. I would rather use 3G for my internet for the rest of my life despite the EM radiation rather than use BT for my ISP again. Their dialup disconnection scam was a disgusting tactic and it landed them on BBC Watchdog where someone had leaked a memo showing they were actively making dialup difficult to use in order to sell more broadband which back then, was very expensive.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

I was once a bt customer and then i left because they disgusted me. If in the future i want stress,headaches,bullied,spoken to like a child or lied too or lots of random disconnections then ill consider returning to them.
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yeah i've had the same treatment from them...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

They paid staff in India call centres a lot less money than they will pay staff here so is this likely to mean considerable increases in the cost of services provided by BT in the coming years ?
Community Veteran

When O2 brought their CS back to the UK it improved their service overnight. IMO they have one of the best CS departments of any company I know Smiley
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

the really stupid thing is when BT took out the overseas contract it was on a really long contract basis to make it worth the infrastructure costs, iirc they had to actually lay the undersea cables all the way to India just to be able to do it and that was a huge cash investment for marginal employment savings and the breakeven point was estimated to have been over 10 years right from the outset....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Quote from: nanotm
iirc they had to actually lay the undersea cables all the way to India just to be able to do it

You do post some incredible rubbish.
sjptd
Grafter

My theory is that BT are not going to get rid of the India customer service centre, but swap it with Plusnet's customer service instead.  (only cynicism to justify this)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@sjptd....... could that be the reason for opening the second call centre... ( originally , I thought, to improve the waiting times on the phone service    hah hah !.  )...