Did you mean: 

BT anniversary

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

BT anniversary

Have just received this popup? over the internet

Dear BT Customer, Congratulations!

BT is holding an anniversary celebration for next 7 days (June.7 -> June.14) to thank your loyalty for using us as Internet Provider.

We will select 10 lucky users everyday to win an exclusive gift from us, including free Apple iPhone 11 Pro, Samsung Galaxy S10, Apple Watch for choosing us. And Your IP address 87.***.***.*** has been selected.

You have to simply answer our anonymous survey below to win your prize. Hurry up! 8 users have received this invitation and there are only 2 prizes to win.

Are you satisfied with BT?

Is this a scam?

Has anyone else received it.

Have just closed it and not done the survey.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information (IP address) edited from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

7 REPLIES 7
Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 7

Re: BT anniversary

Quick check shows that not only is it a scam but but may also be a virus infecting your device....................

idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@TTman Even more important is that IP address yours? If it is I'd be a bit like @Champnet  Check the device out.

And if the IP address is yours, I'd suggest you delete it from your post.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
TTman
Seasoned Champion

@idonno  didnt think about ip address  too late now cannot edit post.

Strat
Fixes: 506

It's ok @TTman I've done it for you.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 88.0.1 (64-bit)

TTman
Seasoned Champion

@Strat Thanks for your quick action strat. very much appreciated. Am doing a full virus scan at the moment, will post later result. Thumbs_Up

idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@TTman I don't know if you use plain text for emails but it comes in very handy for sorting out (scam) emails simply because any (click here) link is replaced with the actual address that its linking to. I avoid html for email like bubonic plague (or should that read Covid nowadays).

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
TTman
Seasoned Champion

@Champnet @idonno @Strat Full scan complete. 1 Trojan virus found  Trojan:AndroidOS/Mploit!rfn   Virus removed! So hopefully now OK Thanks a lot for your help. If theres anything else I should do please let me Know.

John