cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport

JonJon
Grafter

BT Sport

So BT Sport will be free to BT Broadband customers...
Any chance that Plusnet (a BT company) customers will benefit from this?
20 REPLIES
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Re: BT Sport

I asked PN a similar question on Twitter today and as I understand it, PN are doing staff trials so I kind of get the impression that the answer is possibly. As it stands at the moment it is not an attractive package where to get the sports I want to watch I will save £10 (reduction from sky because they won't be taking subscriptions for ESPN after July) then have to pay an additional £15pcm to get BT Sport in HD so an overall increase of £5pcm. Unless of course PN is considered part of the "Free" to BT Broadband customers deal. Then it's a 'no brainer'.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Sports? No thanks!
Gimme SciFi instead  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

Seconded.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

YESSS Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Strat
Seconded.

Is 'Thirded' a valid word?  Wink
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

I think BT will be having a battle on their hands.  Sky will not want to lose market share.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: w23
Is 'Thirded' a valid word?  Wink

Not sure about that but fourthed should be Wink
So that's a +1 for me Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Word_Warrior
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
Sports? No thanks!

What relevance is this to the thread? Okay you don't like sport, fine but the thread is to do with plusnet's links with BT regarding their new sports package.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Chit Chat.  The place for general chat and off topic banter.   Wink
Additional:
Just saw the boss of BT Retail on BBC Breakfast News,
He says this deal is 'All about broadband' (incentive to sign up for BT Broadband), this was part of a report on BT Group profits being better then expected, it was also reported that people are currently struggling to sign up for BT Broadband because the site is overloaded so it seems like us 'soccerphobes' may well be in the minority.
The implication is that this deal is specific to BT retail and may well not be available to PN.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

dataplus

Please tell me I'm wrong
As a football fanatic presently with SKY and ESPN I was hoping my free-online (plusnet) (really BT) contract would get some sort of incentive for BT sports channel
If not then my options seem to be
A stay with free-online unlimitted fibre, anytime calls, caller ID for £428 pa including line rental
B change to BT infinty unlimitted plus calls and caller ID          for £468 pa including annual line rental (£498 second year)
In both cases I save £10 pm ESPN but with BT I get BT sport free compared to £240/300 for sky customers
I know I need my head examining for being so mad on football but to me the answer at present is to wave free-online good bye
Please tell me if I really have my figures wrong
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Word
Sports? No thanks!

What relevance is this to the thread? Okay you don't like sport, fine but the thread is to do with plusnet's links with BT regarding their new sports package.

Chit Chat.  The place for general chat and off topic banterWink

As w23 says  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
patchy

The reality of "Free sport",  is Southampton v. Hull every other week!
Im locked into plus.net for another 6 months.  I will review the situation then. Hopefully this will drive down FTTC prices and  plusnet FTTC (with no bt sport) will be a bit cheaper then than now. 
It certainly makes choosing a FTTC provider a bit more interesting.

P.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Sports? No thanks!

Chit Chat.  The place for general chat and off topic banterWink

As w23 says  Wink
Sports? No thanks!

Chit Chat.  The place for general chat and off topic banter.   Wink

As w23 says  Wink

Of course, I'd forgotten that some posters on PN need to get out in the fresh air a bit more.