cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport - Again !! But ... Read on

conanius
Dabbler

BT Sport - Again !! But ... Read on

Off the back of the recent price increases I'm wondering if this is going to happen...
VMG have just announced they will be providing BT Sport, and the premier league season has started -arguably the two key things that needed to happen before BT could offer this out widely and not impact their own sales or impact negotiations with another major CSP.
Whilst I appreciate PN can't speculate on any potential deal, all the other threads have felt to me that there is an undertone of 'something will happen'. I'm keen to understand if this is incorrect interpretation, or if there are attempts to do something.
There was a thread where a member of PN staff suggested some sort of TV setup was being trialled by staff, and further details on this would also be good.
Can we understand if there is likely to be an announcement, one way or another ...?
I'm not after cast iron dates, just some information to help customers decide....
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Re: BT Sport - Again !! But ... Read on

Quote from: conanius
other threads have felt to me that there is an undertone of 'something will happen'

I'm hoping that the 'something' will be IPv6 !
not some collection of irrelevant television programs, and especially NOT sport !.
If people want sport, then go and support your local team or join in yourself.
If people want the latest films, then go to a cinema, or sign up for Netflix.
If people want native IPv6, then that is something our ISP should be providing in the very near future !
sgtpluck

I also got the impression that things were going on behind the scenes on this - and I'd also like an update.  I signed up to Plusnet on a year contract about 3 days before BT announced BT Sport - if I'd have known then what I know now I would have waited and gone with BT instead. Not knocking PN - been very happy so far and fixed IP is a big sell - but MotoGP plus some footie is also a very big sell for me, and I would love to be able to watch next seasons racing and not have to leave PN for BT.
N
Quote from: conanius
Off the back of the recent price increases I'm wondering if this is going to happen...
VMG have just announced they will be providing BT Sport, and the premier league season has started -arguably the two key things that needed to happen before BT could offer this out widely and not impact their own sales or impact negotiations with another major CSP.
Whilst I appreciate PN can't speculate on any potential deal, all the other threads have felt to me that there is an undertone of 'something will happen'. I'm keen to understand if this is incorrect interpretation, or if there are attempts to do something.
There was a thread where a member of PN staff suggested some sort of TV setup was being trialled by staff, and further details on this would also be good.
Can we understand if there is likely to be an announcement, one way or another ...?
I'm not after cast iron dates, just some information to help customers decide....
Community Veteran

We're big rugby fans, so 3 Premiership rugby games in a weekend, plus all the other rugby related programming, is enough to poach us from Sky Sport, but a deal with Plusnet /Free-online, would be welcome. I notice that BT dial-up customers are being transferred to PN. Some co-operation the other way would seem appropriate.