Did you mean: 

BT Price hike

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

BT Price hike

Just got an email from BT... 

Hello,
We're changing some of our prices
Thanks for staying with BT. We're always looking for ways to give you more. That's why we're introducing things like a brand new US drama and movie channel, AMC, and our best ever online protection - all for free.
To keep bringing you our best products, we do have to change our prices sometimes. So, from 20 September 2015, line rental is going up by £1 per month. df

"
Very nicely worded.... but ..... I don`t have the TV from BT... so why should I have to pay and extra £12 per year  for it... ?  Undecided
Seriously considering moving to PlusNet now....  but will their prices go up as well ?
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: BT Price hike

About 7% overall.  I don't see how it is justified.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

If you switch now you can pay LRS at the existing price (before it goes up in Sept.) - you might also be able to negotiate a discount on your broadband too, beware of long contracts if that's not what you want though.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Wouldn't it be nice if they had a menu that allowed you to select or reject individual parts of their offer.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Seriously considering moving to PlusNet now....  but will their prices go up as well ?
They already didRoll eyes
jafreer
Rising Star

BT had some killer deals on fibre a few weeks ago (killer for a Market 1 exchange at least). Timed nicely to coincide with the PN price rise email, meaning that PN would match the current BT offer.
If you are thinking of moving from BT, make a note of all the competitor deals then give PN a call and see if they will match.
Community Veteran

Yeah.   just done a basic price comparison between BT and PN....  for Phone only...   Anytime call package...
BT currently £22.82 per month.... price increase to £23.82 per month.
Plusnet   new price  £16.99 + £6 = £22.99  per month...
Not sure what BT years subscription price is...  so haven`t done a comparison   (PN showing  new yearly price as £185.88 )
So if I stay on monthly with BT it`s only costing me about £12 a year more than PlusNet... so naff all really ! ! !...

EDIT EDIT.... just seen that they are going to increase the Anytime monthly cost too.... not mentioned that in the email though.... naughty naughty......  going to be £7.95 per month... so well worth thinking about a move now....
Community Veteran

Delving into the basic cost of "Anytime" packages... these are what I have found...
BT  .. (with new price increases included )... 12 months up front line rental £194.28    add on 12 X £7.95 for anytime calls ( total £95.40 )...... yearly cost  = £289.68
PN    (  ditto                                                    )    12 months ditto ....................£185.00        add on 12 X £6.00 for anytime calls  ( total £72.00)  ..... yearly cost = £257.00
Post Office  (current price)                                12 months  ditto .....................£144.00      add on 12 X £5.75 for anytime calls  (total £69.00)  ......yearly cost = £213.00

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/home-phone?campaignid=AF_HP&awc=6375_1438093162_b64e64f8b52bd48532166bc7...

That is for the "basic" service... no allowances have been made for "extras" such as call display... call barring... 1471 ... etc... and .. call charges , where applicable)...but it seems very likely that the Post Office is going to get a call very shortly.....
Oh and another good thing..... the Post Office has a UK based call centre !!!!!...
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

plusnet's LRS price is currently 25 quid cheaper though until the end of august /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

@nanotm.....obviously missed the middle line of my previous post.... (where I show the increased prices for BT and PN) .....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Standard price increase wording - make it sound pleasant initially, and what stuff they think you're interested in (which you're not interested in) and how great your service is.
Then tell people the bad news.
Then pretend it's a good thing and it'll only make your service even better.
I had the same e-mail.
I can see PlusNet are employing the same type of people to write similar e-mails.
Razorback
Grafter

Quote from: Alex

I can see PlusNet are employing the same type of people to write similar e-mails.

Probably both written by the same PR company engaged by BT Group.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

That is for the "basic" service... no allowances have been made for "extras" such as call display... call barring... 1471 ... etc... and .. call charges , where applicable)...but it seems very likely that the Post Office is going to get a call very shortly.....
Oh and another good thing..... the Post Office has a UK based call centre !!!!!...

I'd be VERY careful if moving to the Post Office. They use the TalkTalk LLU network. You may find that your phone gets moved onto LLU and thus your PN broadband will get ceased. Your only option then will be to have BB from the Post office.
Community Veteran

Thanks for the warning.... already signed up...if it fails.. I shall soon holler.... and you know how good I am at that ! ! ! ! ....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Interesting article in today's paper by Tony Hazell regarding BT and Sky internet packages, admitted he was looking at premier league football but the point he was making is that there are so many options or packages he found it almost impossible to make head or tail of the options available from BT.
What he eventually decided to do was go to the local pub to see the best games each week at a cost of £7.50 for 2 pints of beer.
If he lived around here that would be £5.00 for 2 pints.
Smiley Smiley