cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Line rental - a cost cutter!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

BT Line rental - a cost cutter!

I have been signed to BT's E&W/e plan for the past 2 years, I got my bill in yesterday and noticed that they hadn't taken the discount off for Apr/May. So after aborting the "online chat" after 10 mins of waiting, I emailed them - still waiting for an answer as well..
BUT today I got my renewal for free E&W/e 12 month rolling etc, nice as last year they forgot to inform me it was due for renewal!, and I had been searching for a cheaper provider. I found a company called Primus who do free E&W/e + line rental for £9.54/month inc with 3p call charges.
So I phoned BT up to cancel my rolling E&W/em and was asked why I was canceling, says I "I am migrating my phone" to whom they ask, so I tell them, how much .. "I can offer you same package as you are on now for £8.54/mth" OK says I. (£36 discount up front instead of £3/month)
So if you are with BT might be worth a call to see if they will lower your line rental as well. I did look at +net's offering but with Caller ID (which is free with BT) it was dearer, but this price is the lowest I have found.
Asked about the £2.99 extra I have been charged and it will be refunded on my next bill, so I recon they are going to OWE me next bill!  Grin
2 REPLIES
N/A

Re: BT Line rental - a cost cutter!

Will try and remember that as mine comes up for renewal next month. I am already on a discount though so they might not be so accommodating.
itsme
Grafter

Re: BT Line rental - a cost cutter!

@Hairy Biker
I had the same experience a couple of weeks ago when I phoned up BT to cancel the automatic renewing contract as for the second year I got charged for 2 months worth of evenings and weekends as the contract finished after the first month. I also was offered the £36 pounds but I declined. Maybe I should have taken it up.  Embarrassed