Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Infinity I need advice please

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

BT Infinity I need advice please

I ordered BT Infinity a while ago and was sick of BT keep postponing the order even though they said I will get 3 months free I decided to cancel order and stick with ADSL.  I was busy doing housework and sanding a door for my daughters room.  I heard the Doorbell so went to answer it.  I realised I got a text but obviously didn't hear it as was sanding.  At the door a young mid 30's chap was asking to upgrade me to super-fast broadband.  He came in and left within 10 mins as I had all equipment and modem and filtered faceplate.  I was obtaining speeds of around 55meg download which was good than my previous 10 meg download.  5 x faster.  After he had gone.  I hopped onto the computer and logged into BT and said I had ADSL and paying unlimited adsl package.  Am I getting free BT infinity 2? As the order was definitely cancelled as the lady said the order cancelled successfully as well as engineer appt
Shall I let BT know or shall I see what happens? 
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: BT Infinity I need advice please

Quote from: NorthEasterner
Shall I let BT know or shall I see what happens?

I'd go for "shall I see what happens".
Maybe the engineer that connected you up was one of Harry Tuttle's relatives. Smiley
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

hahahaha yeah probably  Shocked
Looks like BT already know  Sad
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

You are getting free BT infinity 2 (and not ADSL), provided the green cabinet is a few hundred yards away.

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

But how is it on my order tracking page?