Fixes: 10

BT Call center

18 REPLIES
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

BT Call center

Daily mail article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2478638/A-superfast-way-mad--ring-BTs-centre-Bangalore.html
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Devonian
Grafter

Re: BT Call center

That is exactly my experience when I was a BT customer a couple of years ago.
It seems nothing has changed.
What a disgusting company BT is.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Topics merged and moved to Chit Chat
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

That's how I came to Plusnet a few years ago. Although nothing like as bad an experience as recent reported exemples I had a fault whereby I could have either phone or broadband but not both. The broadband team told me to report it as a voice fault. The voice team told me to report it as a broadband fault. The overseas call centre was extremely polite and totally useless. After toing and froing a few times I eventually got passed to second line. I described the symptoms and in less than a minute a new Home Hub was ordered which fixed the problem. This was not a surprise as I told BT at the outset, and often thereafter, that the issue did not arise when I plugged in an alternative modem.
Only after this unfortunate experience did I decide to look around for an alternative ISP - which was then taken over by BT!
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I am quite happy with BT.
I have been using BT smart talk here in the UAE using hotel wifi (free) and contacting friends via phone via app.  As it acts as your home phone.  So calls were free from other side of the world to the UK!!
I would have been charged like £5 per min without BT!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran

I use BT services professionally. You can have an order for 100+ lines and when things are not going well they expect you call one of their Hell Desks. The last tme they played their games with me I set the BT lines as incoming only at the pabx and used another provider for the outgoing calls. It saved my client a lot of money and cost BT loads of lost business. There are consequences for providing a poor help desk. It is a pity more consumers do not vote with their feet and also register their complaint via the telecomms provider's CEO's office.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I'd never use BT again. Victim of their 0808 dialup anytime access moons ago that BBC Watchdog exposed, I'd never trust those Barstewards Barsteward Tw*ts again.
Nothing but con artists. We use BT for the landline but thats it and we don't use that a lot to be honest. We would never use them for anything else.
I also didn't like PN moons ago either. P2p was useless - we'd get byes per second but on dialup could get kilobytes per second. PNs excuse was that the package wasn't designed for p2p. Sure thing but you'd still expect at least dialup speeds and that infuriated me. Gotta hand it to PN though, despite the ACS law, and a few other things, they're a pretty decent ISP and we don't have much hassle with the connection these days. Despite being owned by BT PN seem to be holding their ground and offering a decent service. I've not tried p2p though (and frankly, I can't really be bothered now either!).
I put BT on a lower level than the energy suppliers.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Current latest comment under the Daily Mail article -

Bad luck, Nick. You chose to pay too much money up front to a broadband company that is known to be one of the very worst on the planet, no matter what they advertise. I use their independent subsidiary PlusNet. All of £34 up front and set up within 4 days.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

Mattz0r
Rising Star

Litterally dying with laughter at that AndyH....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Good candidate for anger management !
RichAllen
Grafter

Meh, everyone knows the Daily Fail hates foreigners, however, the non-UK call centre issue is partly why I left O2 last month in favour of Plusnet.
Devonian
Grafter

I refuse to do business with any company using foreign call centres.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I don't mind using foreign call centers as long as they know and understand what a BT home hub is.
Otherwise I go to the cancellation dept and they get me an English representative