cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Broadband Checker Broken.

Fixes: 47

BT Broadband Checker Broken.

Just put my number in here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome and it tells me this....
Welcome to the Broadband Availability checker. This will provide a provisional check of your ability to receive reliable Broadband services.
Please enter your telephone number.
There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line.

Well I've only had this line and number for 20 years Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: BT Broadband Checker

Looks like its broken, I get the same.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
David_W
Rising Star

Re: BT Broadband Checker

Me too, but I'm with PlusNet for my phone rather than BT.
/edit -
Please enter your postcode.
Sorry this postcode has not been recognised by this checker, this could be because this is a new address with a new postcode that has not yet included in our database or the postcode does not align to an exchange area. Therefore, can you please try again using your telephone number or address.

Maybe the internet is down?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 55

Re: BT Broadband Checker Broken.

That is because you have all been moved to Plusnet LLU and they didn't tell you  Grin Grin

I've been with PN for my phone service for quite some time but have done many checks with the above service since.....it's broken.
@Jim I thought I'd been cut off Shocked.......and don't go restarting the PN LLU rumour Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It is definitely up the creek...
I put my number in and got the same result as strat..... so I decided to use the postcode checker....

Please note that the postcode checker is less accurate than the telephone number checker because it uses a best guess of where you live

so I continue... and enter my post code...

Sorry this postcode has not been recognised by this checker,
this could be because this is a new address with a new postcode that has not yet included in our database
or the postcode does not align to an exchange area.
Therefore, can you please try again using your telephone number or address.

anniesboy
Grafter

Its working for me ,my phone is with PNet
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Working for me for both of my lines.
NB The checker is from BT Wholesale. Plusnet and BT Retail both use BT Wholesale to provide telephone and broadband services, so whether your line is with Plusnet or not is a total red herring!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)

Looks like they've now fixed it. Smiley
Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 7.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 6.5Mbps and 8Mbps.

Still no return of the ADSL2+ date which is what I was looking for in the first place Cry
Community Veteran

Not for mine they haven't

Maybe they haven't fetched you back off LLU yet Tongue
Community Veteran

I thought they had as my noise margin dropped back to normal
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Hmmm,.... Interesting.... I just did another check.... and first time it was as originally reported by strat.... so I used the "back" button at top, and then clicked on the submit button, it then showed the "correct" answer.....
Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Now works after a fashion
Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 1Mbps. However due to the length of your line the 1Mbps service may require an engineer visit who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 1.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1Mbps and 3.5Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 2Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1.5Mbps and 4Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 500Kbps and downstream line speed of 500Kbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 250Kbps and 1.5Mbps.
Just for the record I am not on ADSL2+