Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREXIT

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

Re: BREXIT

Re EU-Japan trade agreement;

Does this imply that the EU are OK with Japan having it's cake and eating it, whilst refusing the UK a slice?

In other words, all of the benefits but none of the burdens;  i.e. Japan will be allowed to trade goods freely with the EU but not have to give up its sovereignty, pay massively to support less well off EU countries, or agree to free movement of people with its accompanying burden on services such as health and social security benefits?

If so it seems somewhat hypocritical of the EU to me, but then Japan wasn't gullible enough to have thrown its hand in with the EU for decades whilst paying £HundredOfBillions for the 'privilege' which the EU will no longer be receiving into its bottomless coffers.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@RobPN

As a member of the EU Japan will be contributing in the same way as any other EU country. No EU country has ever had to give up its sovereigty. That is a myth.. 

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

I bet Japanese will get visa free access to EU countries and be able to move to any EU country to live and use their healthcare and benefits system as well - and EU citizens will get reciprocal arrangements in Japan as well, after all those 4 freedoms are sacred for EU for anyone who gets tariff free trade with them.......

RobPN
Aspiring Hero

@nozzer wrote:

@RobPN

As a member of the EU Japan will be contributing in the same way as any other EU country.

@nozzer

Are you sure about that?  I was under the impression this was a trade agreement, a bit like when the UK joined the Common Market.  Surely you're not seriously suggesting Japan is becoming a member of the EU?

Will they have to weigh anchor and try to drift closer geographically?  If so, I hope the EU doesn't agree to share Japans earthquakes and tsunamis!  :smiley:

No EU country has ever had to give up its sovereigty. That is a myth.. 

So will they be subject to the European Court of Justice (and the European Convention on Human Rights)?

Edit: Speaking of justice, I believe the death penalty is still available in Japan, I can't see those snowflake Europeans taking a shine to that.

Community Veteran

@RobPN

The UK has its Supreme Court in the same way that other countries have theirs. The EU issues guidelines which its member countries are expected to adhere to, but they must obey the rule of international law. Orbans government recently has been under pressure because it has allegedly been trying to subvert democracy illegally, hence the EU pressure, which, incidentally, has not really worked!

We have been through all this many many times in this thread. There is even a pic of the real financial contribution which we pay to the EU in comparison to our total national budget. It's miniscule. Might be worth you having a scan through the previous posts. I'm not going to repeat it all over again ad nauseum. It's just a waste of time.

VileReynard
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 18

Japan isn't joining the EU.

It's just a mutual benefit trading agreement.

We just have to cancel Brexit to automatically gain the same benefits at no extra charge.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RobPN
Aspiring Hero

@VileReynard wrote:

It's just a mutual benefit trading agreement.

We just have to cancel Brexit to automatically gain the same benefits at no extra charge.

Or get the EU to be reasonable, stop their pig-headedness, and let us have some of what Japan is having.

VileReynard
Seasoned Champion

Why should they?

RobPN
Aspiring Hero

I take it you mean why should they be reasonable and stop their pig-headedness when they're losing a large wedge of their income.

Why should we cancel Brexit, which you remoaners would like more than anything, when the majority voted leave?

VileReynard
Seasoned Champion

If you don't scrap Brexit, you don't deserve anything.

If you do, then its business as normal.

RobPN
Aspiring Hero

As you seem to be repeating yourself, I refer you to my previous reply.

VileReynard
Seasoned Champion

Yourself likewise. :grin:

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@RobPN wrote:

I take it you mean why should they be reasonable and stop their pig-headedness when they're losing a large wedge of their income.

Why should we cancel Brexit, which you remoaners would like more than anything, when the majority voted leave?

It's not so much that remainers love EU, I am beginning to believe they hate UK....with their constant carping and doom- mongering and undermining our negotiating position they seem hell bent on getting worst possible deal from EU,   just to be able to say ' we told you so'.

RobC
Pro

@wotsup wrote:

they seem hell bent on getting worst possible deal from EU,   just to be able to say ' we told you so'.

Looks like Aviva and NatWest are completing their 'operation fear' idle threats (among 36 others so far) too ..

"The Association of British Insurers said insurers operating from Britain have made 36 Part VII applications representing 20 million contracts, using figures from the Bank of England. "

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu/aviva-natwest-to-join-brexodus-of-business-to-eu-idUKKC...

"England’s High Court on Tuesday gave Aviva, Britain’s second largest insurer, approval to transfer around £9 billion in assets to a new Irish company just before the starting gun is fired on Brexit."

"Barclays secured court approval last month to move 190 billion euros (£166 billion) in assets to a Dublin subsidiary. "

"Bank of America Merrill Lynch has transferred $44 billion (£34 billion) in assets to its Dublin based subsidiary"

"UBS has secured approval to shift 32 billion euros from London to its German unit. "

"AIG moving £5.6 billion in assets to a Luxembourg hub last year.

"Phoenix will transfer some £18 billion in assets from Britain to Dublin

Despite "Most of the largest international banks are keeping their asset and capital transfer plans confidential"

Thats over 200 billion so far

"Consultancy EY has estimated that £800 billion in assets are being moved from Britain to EU hubs ahead of Brexit. "

So add to that - Toyota, Panasonic, Sony, Honda, JLR .....

Just like project FACT predicted

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
VileReynard
Seasoned Champion

[Wikipedia]:-

Capital flight, in economics, occurs when assets or money rapidly flow out of a country, due to an event of economic consequence. Such events could be an increase in taxes on capital or capital holders or the government of the country defaulting on its debt that disturbs investors and causes them to lower their valuation of the assets in that country, or otherwise to lose confidence in its economic strength.

This leads to a disappearance of wealth, and is usually accompanied by a sharp drop in the exchange rate of the affected country—depreciation in a variable exchange rate regime, or a forced devaluation in a fixed exchange rate regime.

This fall is particularly damaging when the capital belongs to the people of the affected country, because not only are the citizens now burdened by the loss in the economy and devaluation of their currency, but probably also, their assets have lost much of their nominal value. This leads to dramatic decreases in the purchasing power of the country's assets and makes it increasingly expensive to import goods and acquire any form of foreign facilities, e.g. medical facilities....