Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREXIT

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

Re: BREXIT

@VileReynard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_renegotiation_of_European_Union_membership,_2015%E2%80%...

Edit:  Are you saying you voted remain without knowing what you were voting for?

Edit 2:  OK. being pedantic, perhaps you would like me to rephrase my original statement in post #1412 to "Whilst others seem to forget that the referendum was called result of 'Leave the EU' was because Camerons renegotiation achieved results which were far from satisfactory to the majority.

VileReynard
Champion
Fixes: 17

You mean those minor changes counted as "negotiations"?

I thought it was just the UK's repeated bleating over tiny details - certainly not worth throwing your toys out of the pram!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RobPN
Aspiring Hero

See my edit#2 above.

Negotiation wasn't my description, that's how it was described by many of the newspapers, but you're obviously better informed.

Edit: typo

wotsup
Champion

Cameron went to EU politburo to ask for curbs on free movement etc and as usual the EU went through the motions and came up with nothing ( they are in a political straitjacket of their own making ),  Cameron came back to UK waving a piece of paper with the results on it ( it was blank) and after that asked parliament to vote for a referendum - which it did with a very large majority. 

UKIP was breathing down the necks of all parties and was getting stronger by the day, it was Farage who forced the referendum.

VileReynard
Champion

@RobPN wrote:

Edit 2:  OK. being pedantic, perhaps you would like me to rephrase my original statement in post #1412 to "Whilst others seem to forget that the referendum was called result of 'Leave the EU' was because Camerons renegotiation achieved results which were far from satisfactory to the majority.

How do you know that "Camerons renegotiation achieved results which were far from satisfactory to the majority"?

Majority of who?

Nobody asked me - so I didn't get too upset about a few "negotiations".

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Sky is reporting that Honda will announce the closure of its Swindon plant, starting in 2021, complete by a year later. Whatever the reason, the UK can't afford for this to continue. 

Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Maybe it’s time to resurrect British Leyland and build our own vehicles.

We have the skilled workforce and the factories....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

As long as they don't build them like they used to! My Maxi fell apart.

Rapthorne
Rising Star

UKIP was breathing down the necks of all parties and was getting stronger by the day, it was Farage who forced the referendum.

And look where it got them. They suffered the wrath of the people for what they did to the country, and now have no voice in Government. I strongly suspect that if Article 50 is extended and we participate in MEP elections, they will be removed there, too.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1060 6GB
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
Case: Red/Black NZXT S340 Elite
RobPN
Aspiring Hero

@VileReynard wrote:

@RobPN wrote:

How do you know that "Camerons renegotiation achieved results which were far from satisfactory to the majority"?

Majority of who?

Nobody asked me - so I didn't get too upset about a few "negotiations".

@VileReynard

You seem to be being deliberately obtuse.

But fair play, if you weren't aware of Camerons mission to the EU, you wouldn't be aware of which majority I was referring to.  Were you aware that we were having a referendum on continued EU membership in June 2016, or weren't you informed of that either?

RobPN
Aspiring Hero

@nozzer wrote:

Sky is reporting that Honda will announce the closure of its Swindon plant, starting in 2021, complete by a year later. Whatever the reason, the UK can't afford for this to continue. 

@nozzer

Reported on the BBC this afternoon that Honda made the decision to invest heavily in Diesel engines just at the wrong time.  So not directly Brexit-related.

VileReynard
Champion

Yes, I knew about that 2016 thing.

It was a farrago of lies - is that where Farage got his name from?

I'm still waiting for the date that the Brexit dividend is due to be paid to be announced.

Lucky that the NHS got their 350 million etc wasn't it?

wotsup
Champion

@Rapthorne wrote:

And look where it got them. They suffered the wrath of the people for what they did to the country, and now have no voice in Government. I strongly suspect that if Article 50 is extended and we participate in MEP elections, they will be removed there, too.

They did not suffer any wrath, both Labour and conservatives promised in their manifesto to implement result of brexit vote and UKIP supporters returned to the two main parties because while UKIP may have been able to hold balance of power they were never going to be able to form a government, it was the libdums with their blatant pro-EU stance that have punished most by the electorate.

RobPN
Aspiring Hero

@Rapthorne wrote:

@Rapthorne

Not true. UKIP had a purpose and achieved it ...

How Ukip went from 3.8 million votes to near oblivion - but fulfilled its mission along the way

They had no voice in Parliament despite getting 3.8 million votes due to the way the system is rigged run in the UK.

Well done Nigel Farage.

Fixes: 344

Sometimes I think to myself, regardless of the outcome, the very concept of Brexit will turn out to be at least as disastrous as anything experienced in recent UK history.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.