christmas
Aspiring Pro

Re: BREXIT

Dare I say Brexit appears to have gone teats up? :undecided:

Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

It’s beginning to look like the endgame was always planned to be no deal.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

@Champnet wrote:

In the cold weather we'd regularly find bottles of frozen milk on the doorstep. (era of the milkmen)

Come to think of it, I once lived in a very cold flat with an efficient fridge and the milk would sometimes be on the verge of freezing in the fridge; whilst most of the milk was liquid, I'd get a bit of slush on top of my cereal.  I don't remember any change in taste or other quality.

Fixes: 353

Not being a tea drinker I used to freeze full fat milk prior to going on summer picnics. By the time we got to our destination the milk was usually thawed but still ice cold - just as I like it:smiley:

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

VileReynard
Champion
Fixes: 17

Meanwhile, back in the wonderland that is Brexit, our "representatives" have decided to take a couple of weeks off.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Luzern
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

Boris has been on about a workers getting a pay rise once cheap foreign labour is gone. He seems to forget that dearer labour costs  may have to be revered from somewhere, say raised prices, or shredded workers.

Away from Boris to some papers' readers comments; some are stupidly inflammatory, wanting revolution, even civil war.

Have they no knowledge of history, or do they have Ph.Ds in stupidly?:angry:

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero

@Luzern wrote:

or shredded workers.

Is this the capitalists' answer to famine?  When we run out of wheat, eat shredded workers?

VileReynard
Champion

There will be "hoards" of British workers crossing the Irish border to work as illegal immigrants in a desperate attempt to feed their families who got stuffed by the Brexit monster.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero

The Northern Irish have the same entitlement to Irish citizenship as any other Irish person so they can hardly be described as illegal immigrants to the republic.

VileReynard
Champion

The English/Welsh/Scots will be able to get into Northern Ireland and cross the border into the EU (illegally) - after the imposition of Brexit.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero

And as you may have heard on the news just now, the Irish in the UK do not have to apply for residency, unlike other EU citizens.  The long-standing (pre-dating our EU membership) agreement that allows UK citizens to live and work in the Republic of Ireland and vice-versa is not being torn up.

Community Veteran

@jelv wrote:

American agriculture interests have flooded the US government’s trade agency with demands to pressure the UK into slashing food standards after Brexit, official documents show.

Hundreds of thousands of Brits have visited America and eaten their foodstuffs. I've not heard of any of them being adversely affected as a result. 

wotsup
Champion

Spent a fair bit of time in USA, love their food and it is a lot cheaper than EU rubbish we get......

We pay for EU food twice, once via our budget contribution to subsidise inefficient European farmers and again when we import it at inflated prices..

VileReynard
Champion

Have you seen the stuff that calls itself "American Cheese" in the USA?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 44

@artmo wrote:

Hundreds of thousands of Brits have visited America and eaten their foodstuffs. I've not heard of any of them being adversely affected as a result.

That's quite true but I'd suspect that most of them were short stays and ate out most of the time, I for one do not want to see never mind eat their chlorinated chicken. Would you wash your chicken in a swimming pool, cook it and eat it for lunch!