cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREXIT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BREXIT

Any closer to solving the NI border conundrum?

No?

Thought not.

Steve
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 6,818
Thanks: 315
Registered: ‎13-07-2009

Re: BREXIT


The PM also got a united response to her call for support over the Salisbury affair. Many EU countries are following our lead and telling Russia to remove diplomats from their countries. The US is also expelling 60 diplomats.

 

.


 

Full on aggression with Russia, BIG mistake and have we actually got evidence they done it yet? 

 

Screenshot at 2018-03-26 15-27-21.png

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran
Posts: 8,615
Thanks: 960
Fixes: 9
Registered: ‎02-08-2007

Re: BREXIT

Problem with some of the more vocal remainers is why are they still here ?

If the EU is so great then move there while you still can.....then everybodys happy.

Smiley

Community Veteran
Posts: 8,615
Thanks: 960
Fixes: 9
Registered: ‎02-08-2007

Re: BREXIT


@Steve wrote:

The PM also got a united response to her call for support over the Salisbury affair. Many EU countries are following our lead and telling Russia to remove diplomats from their countries. The US is also expelling 60 diplomats.

 

.


 

Full on aggression with Russia, BIG mistake and have we actually got evidence they done it yet? 


Not sure exactly what evidence you need.

Who would want to kill Russian spies using the method used.

There is no other logical explanation.

They may well have used Russian gangsters to actually do it so nothing can be clearly traced back to Putin.

Equally who would be foolish enough to implicate Russia and cause them all this hassel ?

 

The inital response from Russia said a lot, if they were not involved they would want to be taking the lead in finding out who did do it.

I rest my case.

Steve
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 6,818
Thanks: 315
Registered: ‎13-07-2009

Re: BREXIT

I'm sorry @gleneagles but I disagree. The burden of ' proof ' lies with the UK. Just like if you were to be accused of something. Unless you really would like a jail sentence ' without evidence ' ? this is setting a bad precedent. 

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Luzern
All Star
Posts: 3,515
Thanks: 379
Fixes: 3
Registered: ‎31-07-2007

Re: BREXIT


@gleneagles wrote:

Problem with some of the more vocal remainers is why are they still here ?

If the EU is so great then move there while you still can.....then everybodys happy.

Smiley


Smiley noted!Grin But how can one guarantee everyone will be happy to feel forced to leave folk behind, or see them emigrate under pressure, governmental or societal?

Remainers seem in some leavers' minds to be regarded as disloyal. I can think of places, but not the UK, where is true in spades, ( and probably hearts, clubs and diamonds).

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 6,016
Thanks: 1,595
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: BREXIT

Persistently moaning minnie remainers are free to leave in the same way as those living overseas are free to live in the UK.

Most will not of course because they are not as as you seem to suggest 'disloyal'. I have never viewed them as such and no less so than the Confederates or the Yankees both American to the core when push comes to shove I'd imagine. How would that conflict have turned out I wonder if foreign powers had minded their own.

Just such a great pity the whole issue became so divisive, a division stoked in no small part by politicians and certain media outlets pushing those unfair referendum and doom and gloom buttons. Ex-pats sitting in the sun also played a part - hypocrisy? You'd better believe it. 

It'll all come out in the wash and we'll be a better and more defined nation for it I'll wager. 

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BREXIT

@gleneagles

I am still here because this is my home.

I reserve the right to protest about leaving the EU while strying in the U.K. in the same way as so many brexiters have remained in the U.K. in spite of it being part of the EU. 

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 6,016
Thanks: 1,595
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: BREXIT

Many brexiters myself included were happy to join the EU, but that was over forty years ago - and then the world changed. What we had willingly signed up to morphed into the makings of a federal republic under the direction of a Franco-German axis. But we've aired that one before and now we've aired it by way of a referendum.

Lets both move on, and lets all make this a better place to live in sovereignty and security.

I'm out, you be in if you want to Thumbs Up 

   

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BREXIT


@Minivanman wrote:

Lets both move on

   


Let’s not.

Community Veteran
Posts: 8,615
Thanks: 960
Fixes: 9
Registered: ‎02-08-2007

Re: BREXIT


@Steve wrote:

I'm sorry @gleneagles but I disagree. The burden of ' proof ' lies with the UK. Just like if you were to be accused of something. Unless you really would like a jail sentence ' without evidence ' ? this is setting a bad precedent. 


Keeping in mind my previous comment exactly what sort of evidence would you need ?

No chance of Russia pleading guilty ?

The thing is if we did not act what is to stop them continuing to kill people ?

How many have to die before we act ?

Even if you find the person who did it they will be so far removed from those who ordered the hit you would still not have the proof you needed.

I accept the point you are making but there is a difference between me convicted of something without proof and this particular incident.

I suspect a number of people in prison are really innocent and a much bigger number of people who are criminals walking the streets today because of some high paid lawyer who could demonstrate there was not enough proof to convict them.

Smiley,

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 6,016
Thanks: 1,595
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: BREXIT

@Anonymous

@Minivanman wrote:

Lets both move on

Let’s not.

 

Now you are starting to sound sour. Sad

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Steve
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 6,818
Thanks: 315
Registered: ‎13-07-2009

Re: BREXIT


@gleneagles wrote:


Keeping in mind my previous comment exactly what sort of evidence would you need ?

No chance of Russia pleading guilty ?

 


 

How can Russia plead guilty to something they know nothing about? they requested a sample for them to investigate and just got blanked. I could go on but this is artmos thread and I don't want to derail the topic further. 

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 6,016
Thanks: 1,595
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: BREXIT

@Steve

Just been reading through some press reports via Private Eye.Roll eyes

 

"Nerve gas was fed to Russian Spy and his daughter" - MailOnline, 8 March

"Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia could have been victims of a sophisticated plot to kill them both with a poisoned parcel" Sunday Express, 11 March   

"POISON WAS 'SMEARED ON CAR HANDLE" - Daily Mail, 14 March

"Nerve agent 'planted in daughter's suitcase' ; Kremlin-backed hit squad did not come to Britain, intelligence agencies now believe" - Daily Telegraph, 16 March

"Nerve agent Novichock was 'placed intside VENTILATION SYSTEM of Sergei Skripal's car" Sun, 18 March

"DID TINY DRONE POISON SPY? MI5 fear Russians have new arsenal of weapons" - Daily Star Sunday, 18 March.  

 

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran
Posts: 18,888
Thanks: 292
Registered: ‎12-08-2007

Re: BREXIT

More Russians have been expelled from countries all round the world in support for our stance on the poisoning of 2 Russian citizens. This afternoon NATO has expelled 7 Russian diplomats.

 

It is good to see such united action.

 

'