Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREXIT

VileReynard
Champion
Fixes: 17

Re: BREXIT

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/10/uk-can-unilaterally-stop-brexit-process-eu-court-ru...

The UK can unilaterally stop article 50.

One vote allows us to stop all this nonsense.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

DaveyH
All Star
Fixes: 11

@wotsup wrote:

Call me a conspiracy theorist

And a lot more besides...

But you seriously have to question the motivation of someone who signs up to an ISP support forum some three weeks ago and whos contribution to date has been almost exclusively to spout views about Brexit...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@artmo wrote:

TM is to make a statement in Parliament at 3.30 this afternoon.

It is anticipated she will postpone or cancel tomorrow's vote.

Doesn't she need a parliamentary vote of approval to get it cancelled? I'm not sure she can do that without referral. If that's the case, she could find herself having to go through with it anyway?

wotsup
Champion

@VileReynard wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/10/uk-can-unilaterally-stop-brexit-process-eu-court-ru...

The UK can unilaterally stop article 50.

One vote allows us to stop all this nonsense.

What a piece of ( totally expected ) political expediency from the legal support arm of the EU political project. The timing is no coincidence either, just a day before the HofC vote is due - what a vile piece of shenanigans cooked up by the EU and establishment liberal elitists in UK who cannot accept that even when they were instructed by their 'betters' to vote remain ( backed up by project fear 1.0 and a great deal of taxpayers money) the British public voted to leave...

The EU has never really understood democracy British style,  just like their dated Napoleonic legal system judges people to be guilty until they can prove their innocence - can't wait till 29th March..

Theresa May has stated that any second referendum will not have remain as a choice as that was decided in 2016,  it will just have a choice of how we leave  like the TV game show 'deal or no deal'.    She stated that  'Any party that reneges on 2016 result will be consigned to dustbin of history'.

Farage is forming another political party,  I am just writing a cheque out now........

VileReynard
Champion

She stated that  'Any party that reneges on 2016 result will be consigned to dustbin of history'.

Wow - Tory quotes Trotsky in speech!

Community Veteran

@DaveyH wrote:

@wotsup wrote:

But you seriously have to question the motivation of someone who signs up to an ISP support forum some three weeks ago and whos contribution to date has been almost exclusively to spout views about Brexit...

Maybe he's a certain D. Trump. Or a Russian infiltration bot, or both! Either of those would prefer that the UK finds itself in a vulnerable position so it can be pushed around.

Rapthorne
Rising Star

I'm past the point of caring whether we leave or remain, but given the utter shambles this has been, I genuinely think article 50 should at bare minimum be delayed, if not withdrawn. The government is in chaos, and I genuinely think we need a proper, not snap, general election before we make one of the biggest moves in modern history for the UK. A move that will change the course of the country for future generations one way or the other.

It's very clear that the current government have not got a working majority, and even clearer that Theresa May hasn't got the support of parliament, or even arguable of her own party.
I will say I do feel bad for her, David Cameron set this chaos in motion and bug­gered off the second it didn't go his way. May has proven that he did get one thing right with his resignation though, a remain supporter can't deliver Brexit.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Post released from Spam Filter.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1060 6GB
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
Case: Red/Black NZXT S340 Elite
wotsup
Champion

@nozzer wrote:

@DaveyH wrote:

@wotsup wrote:

Maybe he's a certain D. Trump. Or a Russian infiltration bot, or both! Either of those would prefer that the UK finds itself in a vulnerable position so it can be pushed around.

I could ask what a brexit thread with 58 pages is doing on a plusnet ISP support thread if it is not for people to post comments on, I didn't by any chance barge into a remainers echo chamber did I ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

Mrs. May, what a spineless coward she is, calling off tomorrows vote just because she knew she would lose. I wonder how far in life we would get if we were all to adopt that approach.

Community Veteran

@Mook

Agreed. It makes you wonder just what the objective is of doing it...  she calls it off and then what? It's hardly likely that it will increase the number of MPs that will change their mind and support it. We're getting into the realms of la-la land!

DaveyH
All Star
Fixes: 11

@wotsup wrote:

@nozzer wrote:

@DaveyH wrote:

@wotsup wrote:

I could ask what a brexit thread with 58 pages is doing on a plusnet ISP support thread if it is not for people to post comments on, I didn't by any chance barge into a remainers echo chamber did I ?

Its in general chat!

The difference is pretty much everyone else who's contributing  either is or was previously a customer and it isn't their sole contribution to this forum..

Rapthorne
Rising Star

I'm past the point of caring if we leave or remain to be quite honest, but I strongly believe article 50's execution should be at bare minimum delayed.

The current government are in shambles, and seem to no longer have a working majority. Theresa May has essentially admitted defeat in calling a delay to the vote on her bill, and I don't honestly think she even has the support of the majority of her party at this point.

The only thing I'm adamant should not happen is leaving without some form of deal in place, as it's obvious that will have massive negative implications for the whole of the UK.

A general election needs to happen. We need a genuinely "strong and stable" government, whether it's conservative, labour or a coalition, for Brexit to either go ahead or not as it's crystal clear that right now whether we leave or stay on March 29th, the country is going to feel massive negative impact due to the complete mismanagement of the current government.

wotsup
Champion

@DaveyH 

Its in general chat!

The difference is pretty much everyone else who's contributing  either is or was previously a customer and it isn't their sole contribution to this forum..

I have been with plusnet about four weeks, have posted in other threads on community but nowhere near as much as this one, it is a subject very close to my heart...

Didn't realise there were quotas for posts..

VileReynard
Champion

Single track posting is frowned upon, though.

Rapthorne
Rising Star

Does it matter what other topics someone has posted in on the forum, I know a good handful of people IRL who won't talk about anything else.

Brexit is a subject a huge number of people have a great deal of passion for, and the text format of a forum allows for measured responses, rather than shouting matches. This thread is also the most prominent in the entire general chat section, and very frequently shows up on the front page of the community section, so participation by people in here rather than in other areas of the forum is more likely, too.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they have an agenda or are some nefarious force.