cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREXIT

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

Re: BREXIT

Let the person who has never told a lie cast the first stone.....( the democracy denier who bought the case to court was a good liar by the looks of it, spending crowd funded money on himself ).

RobPN
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 4

@RobC wrote:

@Mook wrote:

That's your opinion @RobC and to be honest I don't really care

That wasn't my opinion. It was the quoted decision of the Magistrates court ...

@RobC 

Obviously you don't realise that magistrates are the minnows of the court hierarchy. Roll eyes

The magistrates clearly gave the complainant a fair go, but his case didn't hold water and was thrown out in the higher court..

@RobC wrote:

My opinion is that he should be tried, found guilty, thrown in jail and banned from public office.

You're showing your true colours, you clearly don't believe in 'innocent until proved guilty'.  Evil

Furthermore, you clearly don't realise that to be tried there has to be a viable case, and to be found guilty there has to be convincing evidence against the accused.  Shocked

I hope nobody ever has the misfortune to be prosecuted in court with you as a member of the jury.  Huh

TTman
Pro

I see that labour has lost the vote to take over Parliament 298/309 votes....Maybe wrong but didnt hear any report of this on bbc 6'oclock news...vote was at 16:42.HuhHuh

Community Veteran

The result was shown live on BBC Parliament. It was also reported on BBC News.I have just seen it also on C4 News.

TTman
Pro

@artmo OK thanks must have missed itRoll eyes

RobPN
Seasoned Champion

Well that's put that distraction aside then.  Wink

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

@TTman wrote:

I see that labour has lost the vote to take over Parliament 298/309 votes....Maybe wrong but didnt hear any report of this on bbc 6'oclock news...vote was at 16:42.HuhHuh

Waiting for RobC to post that any MP who voted against motion should be banned from public office and locked up in jail.

It seems that MPs are coming to their senses, both Labour and Tories need to realise that their future in parliament is on the line if we don't leave on 31 Oct - voters will turn to Farage in droves in any election after that. We are rapidly losing credibility as a democratic country. 

Luzern
Champion
Fixes: 5

I have been watching on the ITV Hub 63 UP, the series that has followed children  from their seventh year at seven year intervals. The first was an easterner, who'd wanted to be a jockey, had't made the grade, so had become a cabby, then went in tp business in Spain, returning home, when there was a down turn. He was the epitome of a cockney, knock me down and bounce up type, who seemed typical Brexit material. Asked on the matter, he admitted he had wanted Brexit, but with the time taken and difficulties he was wondering if it was worthwhile. He would never vote Tory again.I can guess most people know what he said next. But it was not the Brexit Party; no, it was the Greens.

By all means keep your opinions to which you have an absolute right, but don't assume those are a certainty.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
wotsup
Aspiring Champion

The whole idea of the establishment dragging their feet and making obstacles is to try to sap the will of the leave voters and get art50 revoked.  It has been a deliberate policy  and I am sure there has been collusion with great and good of the EU.

Mother Teresa never wanted a deal MPs would vote for, she wanted chaos, she  was a remainer who remained a remainer...

Community Veteran

Boris Johnson has made it clear today we leave on 31st October. How embarrassing for him if it doesn't happen.

He really thinks the EU will renegotiate. They say they won't.  I guess that means Johnson will revert to WTO rules. I still fail to see what benefit we will get from that compared to our present arrangements with the EU.

VileReynard
Champion
Fixes: 16

Not at all, he is a lying turd.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RobPN
Seasoned Champion

OT, I've just seen a link to this article posted on the TBB forum.

Fibre for all by 2025, pledges Johnson - more lies?

ffox
Aspiring Pro

I've just come across a moderator's post on an American gaming forum.   The thread is discussing POTUS but there are remarkable similarities with political attitudes on this side of the pond.   He says: 

I'm honest to god getting sick of all the [-Censored-]ing crazy people who have popped up out of the woodwork since 2016. I know. I know. It's your time to shine. I get it. 

But please, for the love of all things good and holy, TAKE YOUR GODDAMN PILLS!

RobPN
Seasoned Champion

@ffox wrote:

I've just come across a moderator's post on an American gaming forum. ...

But please, for the love of all things good and holy, TAKE YOUR GODDAMN PILLS!

Judging by the widespread opioid epidemic in the USA, I somehow don't think many people on here would take the advice of an American, thanks.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 8

@RobPN wrote:

Fibre for all by 2025, pledges Johnson - more lies?

He might be sending us all a sample sachet of All-Bran.