Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREXIT

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: BREXIT

I dont need to

Anyone who isn't a prat (or deliberately misleading ... I gave the benefit of the doubt)

would be aware of the situation and see that the context is taken from a misleading statement summarised in a headline.

I described the reality.

You can check the reality I described yourself

LOL

prat (prăt) n.

1. Slang The buttocks.

2. Chiefly British Slang A person who is incompetent and stupid.

Not checking a reference they present seems clearly incompetent and stupid (or worse - dishonest)

Yes?

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Luzern
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 6

@RobC wrote:

@TTman 

Read it yourself. Follow the links., and inform yourself

I can also supply links to pubmed articles going back years showing nothing is improving, but I wont - find them yourself,

or better yet watch the c4 dispatches when its on.

@RobC @TTman Irrespective of what causes USA, the richest world state to have such high rates of food poisoning, surely it is a terrible blot on their standards, and of course certain parts of the nation stand to make big bucks from treatment and drugs to cure infections. Who cares, if money is to be made? Give me our/EU food, and medical care!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
RobC
Pro

@Luzern wrote:

surely it is a terrible blot on their standards, and of course certain parts of the nation stand to make big bucks from treatment and drugs to cure infections. Who cares, if money is to be made?

Give me our/EU food, and medical care

1. and there lies a larger issue - the increased use of anti-biotics in our food chain which breed superbugs and the simple fact that we are (even with EU standards let alone US) subjecting our bodies to a constant stream of anti-biotics - breeding resistant bacteria within us

2. +1

idonno
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@RobC wrote: British Steel on brink of collapse with thousands of jobs at risk

"British Steel, the country’s second largest steel producer, is on the brink of collapse unless the government agrees to provide an emergency 30 million pound loan by later on Tuesday (today), a source close to the situation said.

The steelmaker, owned by investment firm Greybull Capital, employs around 5,000 people, mostly in Scunthorpe, in the north of England, while tens of thousands more depend on in its supply chain."

If the loan is not approved by THIS afternoon, administrators could be appointed for British Steel as early as Tommorrow, the source said.

Britain’s Business Ministry declined to comment.

Very true but British Steel isn't the only company affected by the reduce demand for steel.

Arcelor Mittal to cut back on steel production in EU

Arcelor Mittal is to cut back on steel making at plants at Dunkirk in France and Eisenhuettenstadt and Bremen in Germany.

It says it has been hit by "weak market demand and high import levels in Europe".

The firm will also extend a stoppage later this year at a blast furnace in Asturias, Spain.

Nuff said I think.

And it seems rare earth is about to become even rarer. Still the Chinese won't have any problems.

Ever helpful. :grin: Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
RobC
Pro

@idonno wrote:

@RobC wrote: British Steel on brink of collapse with thousands of jobs at risk

"British Steel, the country’s second largest steel producer, is on the brink of collapse

The steelmaker, owned by investment firm Greybull Capital, employs around 5,000 people, mostly in Scunthorpe, in the north of England, while tens of thousands more depend on in its supply chain."

Britain’s Business Ministry declined to comment.

Very true but British Steel isn't the only company affected by the reduce demand for steel.

Arcelor Mittal to cut back on steel production in EU

Arcelor Mittal is to cut back on steel making at plants at Dunkirk in France and Eisenhuettenstadt and Bremen in Germany.

It says it has been hit by "weak market demand and high import levels in Europe".

The firm will also extend a stoppage later this year at a blast furnace in Asturias, Spain.

Nuff said I think.

Collapsed then have they - like British Steel?

No?

https://corporate.arcelormittal.com/news-and-media/press-releases/2019/may/29-05-2019

NOW - Nuff said I think

But you might want to look at the EU future plans re steel and carbon emmisions

The link was a hint and a stick to beat you with later ...

Changed my mind - give it a look, then step back to look at the bigger picture

idonno
Seasoned Pro

@RobC wrote:

No?

NOW - Nuff said I think

then step back to look at the bigger picture

British Steel (I was going to write BS but you might take that the wrong way :grin:) isn't totally dead yet

Plenty of interest....like reported here

As usual, it all depends on your camp :smiley:

Ever helpful. :grin: Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
RobC
Pro

@idonno wrote:

@RobC wrote:

No?

NOW - Nuff said I think

British Steel (I was going to write BS but you might take that the wrong way :grin:) isn't totally dead yet

Plenty of interest....like reported here

As usual, it all depends on your camp :smiley:

Yes "The Official Receiver" implies there might be some hope of something.

Perhaps I should have used 'bankrupt' rather than 'collapsed' although I consider both are accurate enough.

Shocking that they got 120m of taxpayers money before they then pretty much immediately 'called in the receiver', let alone that ...

... read prior posts and follow the link already given to see from a larger perspective what went wrong before that - and it isnt all China dumping although that did of course play a large part.

The blame does seem to lie at the feet of the way the Tories have been miss/none managing the business aspects of the impacts of Brexit and the possibilities and support that was available from the EU as a member - if they had worked with the EU better,

But thats Tory Market policy for you. All short term and bedamn the consequences.

Their eye is probably on cheap Chinese steel while it lasts and damn the British workers and industry

- but they wont pay and anyway it isnt their problem.

Haven't checked my facts here - rather busy, but wasn't the other you referred also ex Tatta?

idonno
Seasoned Pro

I was going to post this in the UK EU elections 2019 but it is really to do with Brexit!

Boris Court hearing:

The trouble is @RobC for a conviction, you need to win. Like the recent Court case I was involved in - not criminal I might add :smiley: One side of our case was, a bit wishy washy but then the other side got hit by a raft of other arguments, along with references to other legislation / case law (good expensive barrister) that rode over the first objections as if they didn't even exist. Result: a win for us.

As for Boris (I don't really like the man). Abuse of Public Office? Hardly? Was he spending his public office money. Nope. Was he producing literature in his public office. Nope. Was he campaigning away from and outside of his office. Yes. Did he give his take of events as he sees it. Probably. Then you start to bring in Human Rights legislation etc. Big minefield of arguments. Off to the Supreme Court? Might see it in a few years, if you are lucky. You'd also need a much bigger crowdfund, me thinks. And is that crowdfund money properly accounted for (no money sourced from other countries i.e. EU). Gets very political if it is.

Not so clear cut. I can tell you once you involve Courts, lawyers, it never is. It gets messy. Very.

And if he was to lose, quite obviously at any election / referendum in the future. ALL involved parties advertising / statements of speeches etc would have to be submitted, screened for pre approval by a vetting body. Only then would it be allowed to be seen / heard / broadcasted / printed for consumption by the general public.

Indeed, you might even find the like of forums / social media shutdown while an election etc is taking place. Couldn't happen? Just look abroad to other countries doing exactly that. Electioneering would never be the same, ever.

BTW. My case above took 5 years to resolve........ :rolleyes:

Champnet
Seasoned Pro

Moved....

RobC
Pro

@idonno wrote:

Waffle deleted.

Read the case

You obviously haven't.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/brexitjusticeprosecution

Heres Boris' posters - not mine

350Johnson Fox.jpgleavebattlebus.jpg

Heres the electoral commissions poster - not mine

EC.jpeg

A 'Clear Misuse Of Statistics' - The UK Statistics Authority.

You might be comfortable or even supportive of politicians blatantly lying, and excusing some lying via others lying

- I'm confident most are not, whatever their politics

You might waffle about everyone 'lying (without offering evidence and reason for it to even be offered as a case) and that some 'not giving the whole truth let alone clearly lying - justifies a race to the bottom where public officials can say anything without any comeback

- I'm confident most are not, whatever their politics

Most of the examples I look at simply don't seem to be so clear cut

Some would consider that 800M (BoE figures) a week worse off and Car manufacturing and steel manufacturing collapsing (nasdaq term) etc etc is an economy collapsing - some might not

Some might consider Cameron saying he wouldn't quit, then quiting a lie, but I fail to see how any court would prosecute a politician for resigning over their failures - not that resigning should end the matter.

Its unlikely any court would prosecute any politician for even far fetched 'aspirations' as already stated ...

BUT

Johnson repeatedly promoted what he would clearly knew was untrue.

I see very few that are so clearly lies, and none that I see so widely repeated for so long, so many many times ... Even travelling the country on a big red bus.

Mays statements on leaving are some that should be considered, whether they were 'negotiating bluffs' or not.

Mordant on Turkey seems a potentially solid case.

David Davies must be literally crapping himself.

Corbyn is a too crafty - but seems unquestionably another horrible stain on our democracy (IMO). He needs to be gone via some other method - if you have a solid case - let us know - I'll sponsor.

I fail to see how anyone would NOT want what appears to be demonstrable repeated lying prosecuted in court.

Perhaps you think that Johnson would get you Brexit in Oct?

LMAO.gif

He's a demonstrable self serving liar, and if elected, pressing that would likely make him the shortest serving PM in history. He would wheedle out of it.

You think he's just lying to 'them'?

If so, you are deluded.

He's lying to everyone whenever he thinks it will get him something. Including YOU.

Choose Tossus Potus for a hard Brexit - its in his (Irish) business' financial interests, and he probably wouldn't care about being the shortest serving PM in history.

Corbyn is probably your best bet for Brexit - like it or not.

Muddy your own waters all you want. The courts will decide,

and they have already decided that it should go to the next stage.

wotsup
Champion

Commons briefing paper showing our gross payment to EU is about £18 billion,  sure we get a rebate but that is not a given and is at the whim of the EU. 

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7886

TTman
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

@wotsup In the Express online IDS has a piece asking why he and Micheal Gove are not also in court as they used the £350 milllion figure also and the figure had been got from the governments red book and is a gross figure. A gross figure had been used as the rebates had not been calculated at the time it was obtained.:thumbsup:

idonno
Seasoned Pro

Shhh Don't tell @RobC . Case thrown out by Judges

That's another £300,000 down the drain.

Edit: Correction: That's more than £300,000 down the drain!

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

Of course @RobC  in his [-Censored-]-sure way was prejudging the case and has been clearly proved wrong, but we won't hold our breaths waiting for an admission of such.

Edit: typo

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

BBC:  Marcus Ball, the campaigner who brought the private prosecution, said the matter was "not over".