Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREXIT

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: BREXIT

@idonno wrote:

Anyway, just in case, I'm going to get the 1680 email addresses I have sharpened up ready for the next petition. Grin

You will still be over 5 million short

In fact, even If all 200 of Farages March to Leave Few do that, you will still be WELL over 5 million short

.. although that would come very close to the 400000 votes that 'Leave with no deal' had.

You seem to know the precise number of spoof votes needed for the 200 and a couple Brexiters to hit their total ....

What a coincidence!

https://brexitlies.com/

You can’t claim that a herbal diet drink will make customers thinner,
but you can claim that £350m a week will go to the NHS instead of the European Union.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

All of which is pointless. 

If parliament is going to disregard the 17 million they asked, why on earth should the take note of  the 5 million they didn't. Those marching should not be trying to own democracy, they should be marching to guarantee it. 

RobC
Pro

@Minivanman wrote:

If parliament is going to disregard the 17 million they asked, why on earth should the take note to the 5 million they didn't.

That actually is a lead to a good question.

Why did they ask?

- because of internal Tory Party divisions

Why are they having problems?

- Because of internal Tory Party divisions

Why were Vote Leave and the Leave promoters in fact allowed to blatantly lie to the electorate and make assurances that not only weren't kept - but are attempting to entirely ignore?

- Now that is a good question and I'm not sure of the answer to that one.

and that IS the question that destroys all faith in the UK's political system.

but you can claim that £350m a week will go to the NHS instead of the European Union.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

I have awful feeling that those pontificating Pontius Pilate MP's are going to kick this back to us by way of an election, or God help as all, a second referendum.

"Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door. Line on the left. One cross each"

VileReynard
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 14

That's because "Pilate lobbies for Jesus to be spared his eventual fate of execution, and acquiesces only when the crowd refuses to relent".

The crowd haven't even been asked to spare the UK from the eventual fate of execution.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RobC
Pro

@VileReynard wrote:

and acquiesces only when the crowd refuses to relent".

+1

Luzern
All Star
Fixes: 3

That's because "Pilate lobbies for Jesus to be spared his eventual fate of execution, and acquiesces only when the crowd refuses to relent".

The crowd haven't even been asked to spare the UK from the eventual fate of execution.

@VileReynard I hardly think Pilate lobbied in favour of any one. He was a brutal cynic. Except for brutality what is different in 2019 CE from 33 AD?Huh). Releasing Barnabas would keep the Jews quiet for a while. Now we have Bojo coming out with per Daily Telegraph:

Daily Telegraph: Boris Johnson: ‘We have blinked. We have baulked. We have bottled it completely. It is time for the PM
to channel the spirit of Moses in Exodus, and say to Pharaoh in Brussels – LET MY PEOPLE GO’

Tosh! Invoke the spirit of Moses? I never knew EUgypt forcing us to make bricks without straw. Surely by now we would be aware of chariots of mass UK destruction in their bunkers in readiness to chase us to the Channel, and it to divide, because Bojo waves his thing in the air. (I'm sure he could find somewhere else to put it). 

More like the EU would want rid of  Brexmoaner UK.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran

@Minivanman wrote:

kick this back to us by way of an election, or God help as all, a second referendum.

If that ever happened I can confidently predict the lowest turnout ever.

For that and all future elections.

Fixes: 225

If it drags on into the Euro Elections I doubt I'll be voting then.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 66.0.3 (64-bit)

RobC
Pro

@Strat wrote:

If it drags on into the Euro Elections I doubt I'll be voting then.

Thats when the votes are essential.

Keep that total [-Censored-] Farage and his pals out.

Stop him using a UK MEP post to vote in Russias interests.

RobC
Pro

Anyway, come on Brexiters,

We are still waiting for any valid reason that leaving the EU will in any way whatsoever benefit even the 'left behind' let alone any 'ordinary' Uk citizen.

Take back control - hows that going?

and even if we did that would be take back control to be controlled by the Rees Moggs and Boris Johnsons ?

How is that in any way preferable?

Reduce Immigration

Well apart from the EU migrants adding to the UK's wealth,

The EU migrants have reduced themselves and none EU immigration over which we HAVE full control has increased to more than make up

and Brexit liar politicians are now saying control doesn't mean what we implied it meaned ...

World trade deals - hows that going - you can now have some bent bananas from some African nation or other - at a premium price.

So come on Brexit supporters, make your case

Where are ANY benefits to the British People?

Fixes: 225

If I was to build my own house I might make a start and well into the project it would become clear I was making a complete pig's ear of it.

I would then stop the project and based on experience gained would do my research, learn various skills and have another go.

What I wouldn't do is plough on regardless when it was clear the project was doomed to failure.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 66.0.3 (64-bit)

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Little point in arguing about the whys and wherefores of who voted for what. I'll just be glad to see it over and done with as it would seem will Rees-Mogg who surprise surprise, is now backing TM's deal.

Never saw that one coming I must admit.

Capture.PNG

RobC
Pro

@Minivanman wrote:

Little point in arguing about the whys and wherefores of who voted for what.

Of course there is, else we will never learn from our mistakes.

RobC
Pro

and why is this thread now apparently

Re: DSL-AC88U connection problems