Pro

Re: BREXIT

*shakes head, and heads off to a dark room somewhere* 

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@Anonymous wrote:

But they can't @Minivanman, is'nt there a Bill going through Parliament now to prevent this very thing. A Bill that will be legislation by the time any new Government convenes.

@Anonymous Don't forget that the decisions of one government are not binding on its successors, so. as unlikely as it may seem, the new one may make any move it wants regarding the EU for the health of the realm; not necessarily to the liking of either diehard remainers or leavers.

For all the hyperbole, huffing and puffing and bellicosity, I'd hope neither party would be senseless enough to espouse civil disobedience or worse.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Amber Rudd has resigned from the Cabinet. Maybe some of the others will now decide to join her.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@artmo wrote:

Amber Rudd has resigned from the Cabinet. Maybe some of the others will now decide to join her.

She always was a remainer anyway....... maybe it is time for all remainers to go from cabinet

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luzern wrote:

@Anonymous Don't forget that the decisions of one government are not binding on its successors,...

Indeed they can @Luzern but how hypocritical would that be for a Labour Government when they were the main instigators in getting the law enacted!

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Minivanman wrote:

Maybe you can do us all a favour by not being so rude @ffox 

Maybe you can do yourself a favour by showing us where the Leave campaign said no deal was the option, rather than the great deal with benefits they repeatedly promised.

and perhaps explain why you all seem to be putting your trust a person renowned for deceit, deception, self interest and lying

Why would anyone think they were going to get anything worthwhile from such a person?

and before you say his 'self interest' - how do you know? and what makes you thinks that he wont immediately sign us up to real vassalage ASAP?

Particularly as it seems certain to me that the only 'easiest deal in history' is what the American corporations are going to get.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobC can you tell me why you believe that remaining in the EU is the best option for the country?

Highlighted
Pro

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobC can you tell me why you believe that remaining in the EU is the best option for the country?

LOL

So despite the simple fact that you Brexi-tish repeated refuse to support your empty rhetoric, I already have repeatedly presented evidence to support my view

In brief summary:

It gives us (people and business) the best access to the largest market in the world

Its great for UK business

It give us great deals across the world

It enables the UK to be the main Financial center for the largest market in the world

It gives us beneficial access to holidays, living,travelling, learning etc etc etc in other developed countries

It gives us reliable security partners to work with in a world where Trump is undermining NATO

Its the best option for maintaining the integrity of the Union

The list goes on and on

as supported by the TUC the CBI ... this list also goes on and on - as you well know

When are you Brexi-tish going to present  the first couple of items on your currently empty 'list' of evidenced benefits of a no deal Brexit?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

So these points are based on your own findings, research, analysis and modelling. Or are they based on information provided by your favoured Party or Campaign or those with a self interest in remaining. I can't speak for others but I know my decision was based on what I heard, what I read and what I believed both before and during (and after) the Campaigns, regardless of how accurate or biased it was. As like the majority I wasn't privy to the the truth. But it is what it is and I don't think the decision will be reversed, so why can't you just embrace it for what it is, and get behind it.

As I am sure I have said before everything you said in your list above is hypothesis, nothing more and nothing less. The same is true for a list compiled by a remainer, and as a consequence we have no real way of gauging what will happen until after we leave, with or without a deal. Time will tell.

P.S. No need to reply.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@RobC 

Well that all sounds rather wonderful and I really had forgotten just how marvellous it has been for all of us here in the UK for the the last forty five years.

Why didn't somebody tell us, and why is it only now we are trying to leave.

No wars, no strikes, no market meltdowns, no decimated industries, and wealth and sunshine for all. I mean, just imagine for one moment how simply horrible it would have been for us here had we never joined back in '73.

Phew, that was a close call. Thanks EU. 

More of the same? Oh yes please. Buck2

A Banker lends you his umbrella when it's sunny, but wants it back when it rains.
Highlighted
Pro

@Anonymous wrote:

So these points are based on your own findings, research, analysis and modelling. Or are they based on information provided by your favoured Party or Campaign or those with a self interest in remaining.

as stated and as demonstrated

The CBI the TUC etc etc

I see you still have NOTHING

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

The source is irrelevant @RobC it is still nothing more than guess work based on assumptions that I assume are biased so as to provide the results required.

And you are right I have nothing to offer, as it too would be nothing more than speculation as I nor indeed anyone can see in to the future.

Highlighted
Pro

@Minivanman You've got it right for once!

Three points need to be made.

1. Peace within the EU.  There has not been a war between EU countries.  Contrast that with previous times.

2. The EU is a democracy.  All member counters have representation in the EU parliament, so decisions they reach are made by the majority.  This worked quite well for us until Farage came on the scene.  Now many UK MEPs members are trying to disrupt a system which is trying do the best for all member countries. I can't understand why any person thought that electing Brexit MEPs was a good idea unless they believed what they read in the gutter press.

3.  It is much easier for our farmers and public services if EU members can travel here freely to do essential jobs that we  deem to be below us.

PS. I forgot to add the Good Friday Agreement. It would be a major problem for Ireland if we Leave,

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

PS. I'd forgotten about the Good Friday Agreement as well. Had we not been part of the EU we might well have had thirty years of bombings and bloodshed.

So phew, another close call and war, what war.

We might not have crapped on our own doorsteps, but we most certainly have elsewhere... so that's OK then.

A Banker lends you his umbrella when it's sunny, but wants it back when it rains.
Highlighted
Pro

@Anonymous wrote:

The source is irrelevant @RobC

No @Anonymous 

Supported evidence is very relevant.

Your unsupported rhetoric is the stance that again and again is proving itself irrelevant except as right wing unsupported and unsupportable propaganda,

Of course, we'll have to fight fire with fire and use the same sort of tactics as you ... now we have repeatedly and conclusively demonstrated (and will continue to demonstrate) ... how empty your rhetoric is

... you are all empty - wind and water with no pot - and have repeatedly demonstrated it right from the start

Boris the liarBoris the liar11739754-6875015-Extracts_from_Sir_Mark_Sedwill_s_letter_to_ministers_which_warns-a MAIL.jpgyellowhammer.jpgFarage-lying-at-the-EU.jpg