cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREXIT

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 8,231
Thanks: 2,399
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: BREXIT

@TTman 

Seems the poster is now even questioning my forum name and avatar. 

I think the bottom has fallen out of that barrel and now digging in the dirt. Strangly enough I still recall the two registration numbers if not the miles covered. APF 250B and 2030 PG.   

The mind boggles at the even thought of being member of parliament, but give the current shambles the poster would be in good company.  Crazy2

RobPN
Champion
Posts: 1,836
Thanks: 596
Fixes: 4
Registered: ‎17-05-2013

Re: BREXIT


@RobC wrote:

 

Vote for me because I wont tell you what my policies are, that way you can't complain when I privatise the NHS and strip you of your basic rights?


This.

 


@RobC wrote:

... and is already getting his pay and pension for his antics.


And the best of British to him.

 

RobC
Pro
Posts: 751
Thanks: 126
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎03-12-2016

Re: BREXIT


@Minivanman wrote:

@TTman 

Seems the poster is now even questioning my forum name and avatar. 

 


 

The simple question was do you have a minivan?

I did have an uncle with a Morris traveller.

but yes, It was a further test for a rather uncomfortable observation.

 

You could have simply said something like: no - had one years ago and loved it, used the name ever since

- or 'just like the name' or .... whatever the truth actually is.

 

but No - just your oh so standard avoidance of ever presenting even a simple honest response.

 

 

The rather disturbing observation:

Unlike the other brexiters (despite their avoidance of issues), or anyone on any side I have seen so far here, 

you do actually seem constantly and consistently pathologically averse to stating even a very simple honest truth to ANYTHING raised, let alone a truly meaningful response.

- and before you claim its private - it is YOU who presented these frameworks here - when you thought it suited you.

 

 

More than happy to be demonstrated wrong. In fact it would be a genuine relief.

Until then - I'll strive to ignore your posts with the utter disdain they deserve.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Want Chlorine bleached chicken, Hormone riddled Beef, Climate Science Denial
.. Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?
If you DON'T then DON'T vote for Farage ... or Johnson
Brexit - built from Bull* by Bots
RobC
Pro
Posts: 751
Thanks: 126
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎03-12-2016

Re: BREXIT


@RobPN wrote:

@RobC wrote:

 

Vote for me because I wont tell you what my policies are, that way you can't complain when I privatise the NHS and strip you of your basic rights?


This.

 

That is a 'reasonable' point if I understand it correctly

 

So his entire campaign is only to show that Brexit is the way and show the strength of feeling?

 

So whether he wins or loses

- he should immediately resign his seat; if he gets one; as the BREXIT decision is made in the UK parliament (where he has repeatedly FAILED to get a seat) not the EU parliament?

 

which is the only thing that equates with no manifesto and 'just Brexit'

 

that about cover it?

 

and Still awaiting your considered responses to the far more detailed issues I raised by the way - just reminding you.

 

 

 


Want Chlorine bleached chicken, Hormone riddled Beef, Climate Science Denial
.. Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?
If you DON'T then DON'T vote for Farage ... or Johnson
Brexit - built from Bull* by Bots
RobPN
Champion
Posts: 1,836
Thanks: 596
Fixes: 4
Registered: ‎17-05-2013

Re: BREXIT


@RobC wrote:

That is a 'reasonable' point if I understand it correctly

 

So his entire campaign is only to show that Brexit is the way and show the strength of feeling?

 

So whether he wins or loses

- he should immediately resign his seat; if he gets one; as the BREXIT decision is made in the UK parliament (where he has repeatedly FAILED to get a seat) not the EU parliament?

 

which is the only thing that equates with no manifesto and 'just Brexit'

 

that about cover it?


Overthinking, twisting and embellishing matters in your usual fashion - no change there then.

 


 

and Still awaiting your considered responses to the issues I raised by the way - just reminding you.


Happy whistling.  Smiley

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 8,231
Thanks: 2,399
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: BREXIT

“The Brexit Party is soaring ahead in the EU polls and it isn’t hard to see why. The Tories and Labour have utterly betrayed Brexit. People are crying out for a party that will respect the democratic vote of 2016 and Nigel Farage is offering that.”

Brendan O’Neill on Sky News

RobC
Pro
Posts: 751
Thanks: 126
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎03-12-2016

Re: BREXIT


@RobPN wrote:

@RobC wrote:

That is a 'reasonable' point if I understand it correctly

 

So his entire campaign is only to show that Brexit is the way and show the strength of feeling?

 

So whether he wins or loses

- he should immediately resign his seat; if he gets one; as the BREXIT decision is made in the UK parliament (where he has repeatedly FAILED to get a seat) not the EU parliament?

 

which is the only thing that equates with no manifesto and 'just Brexit'

 

that about cover it?


Overthinking, twisting and embellishing matters in your usual fashion - no change there then.

 

 

In what way is it not correct - or not a statement of simple fact - hardly embellishing?

and no meaningful response from you as usual on this or any other issue despite yours being genuinely and honestly answered.

 

The EU parliament relates to matters on the running of the EU - he would need to state his intentions to get meanigful support for any actions as an MEP - eg a manifesto.

 

 

Surely its very clear that Farage should be trying (again) for UK parliament to 'get Brexit for the British people'

- thats where the decisions on Britains approach or retreat ARE being made.

 

True?

 

 

 


Want Chlorine bleached chicken, Hormone riddled Beef, Climate Science Denial
.. Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?
If you DON'T then DON'T vote for Farage ... or Johnson
Brexit - built from Bull* by Bots
Community Veteran
Posts: 2,766
Thanks: 399
Fixes: 3
Registered: ‎04-08-2009

Re: BREXIT

@Minivanman 

Farage might be offering that, but I very much doubt that he will be able to provide it, especially if he is then hoping to strike a meaningful trade deal with the US.

 

Quote from today's FT..

However, the way the Brexit process is unfolding is also responsible for frictions in the US-UK relationship. This became abundantly clear during the recent European tour of Nancy Pelosi, speaker of the US House of Representatives.

Addressing Ireland’s parliament, she delighted her audience with sentimental allusions to “the emerald thread that runs through American history”. She followed this up with a blunt warning to London that “if the Brexit deal undermines the Good Friday Accord, there will be no chance of a US-UK trade agreement”.

As the FT’s Alan Beattie explains, her congressional delegation hammered home this message when they met Mrs May and her Conservative colleagues in London. It was a severe reality check for pro-Brexit MPs at Westminster.

In effect, Ms Pelosi was saying that, because Congress has the power to approve or reject international trade deals, the UK had better not jeopardise the open border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland and the 1998 peace agreement in Northern Ireland.

But the even more brutal message was, don’t think Brexit makes Britain special in American eyes.

 

I honestly cannot see how Farage can do what he is saying he can do without destroying the Good Friday Agreement, and if that is the case he can also forget any US-UK trade deals. Seems like hot air to me.

Community Veteran
Posts: 9,167
Thanks: 1,232
Fixes: 10
Registered: ‎02-08-2007

Re: BREXIT

 


@gleneagles wrote:

As to Farage not providing a list of his ideas for change other than the obvious one, perhaps he is being more honest than all those politicians who have promised the earth over the years and failed to deliver.


 

what.gif

 

Vote for me because I wont tell you what my policies are, that way you can't complain when I privatise the NHS and strip you of your basic rights?

 

I'm quite sure its far more that he knows he would lose a lot of votes if he presented them honestly. He doesn't want to state anything publicly before he gets votes and is already getting his pay and pension for his antics.

Now that is NOT what  I  call democracy.

 

How many votes would he get if he he had a manifesto that stated (his words) 

Britain must look at replacing the NHS with an insurance system within 10 years,

in the mean time we will introduce a voucher system ..

 

 


Ah so you are a mind reader and know his policies. ?

It's a bit like being on a sinking ship..you first task is to repair the hole before the ship sinks, then you can move on to what else you want to do, pointless promising everybody everything like Corbyn but not having the money to do so.

How much more popular would Farage be if he offered to do a range of wonderful things ? Perhaps the public or at least 17 million plus of them have seen through the lies and greed of many of those in politics and the total failure of implementing what was agreed by millions.

Perhaps the ballot paper I got was different from yours but I do not recall a list of options on it such as leave but stay in a customs union.

A second ballot if the majority decide to leave.

Or any other alternative options.....it was clear....at least to me.....Remain or Leave.

End of. !

Community Veteran
Posts: 19,137
Thanks: 383
Registered: ‎12-08-2007

Re: BREXIT

Comparisons with Hitler are not new. In his movie, Fahrenheit 11/9, Michael Moore compared Trump to Hitler in a very effective way.

 

Moore

 

.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 8,231
Thanks: 2,399
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: BREXIT

@artmo 

Indeed, but within a debate it is evidence of an argument lost, or a pot empty of anything new to say.

Community Veteran
Posts: 9,167
Thanks: 1,232
Fixes: 10
Registered: ‎02-08-2007

Re: BREXIT

@nozzer 

Whilst I accept the accuracy of your post, business is about money, if money can be made on either side you can be certain companies can find a way around it.

It also raises the question of threats.....you do something we don't want and it will cost you.....Do we get involved in Americas politics ? Perhaps if we were less ready to jump everytime America expects us to do their bidding the better off we would be.

RobC
Pro
Posts: 751
Thanks: 126
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎03-12-2016

Re: BREXIT


@RobC wrote:  
and Still awaiting your considered responses to the issues I raised by the way - just reminding you.

 


@RobPN wrote:

Happy whistling.  Smiley


 

So you still have no responses or rationale then

I'll consider my evidenced statements incontestable truth.

 

You should perhaps consider your response there when asking any questions....

You may have noticed I sometimes present peoples own statements in quotes back to them.

 


@gleneagles wrote:

 


@gleneagles wrote:

 

How many votes would he get if he he had a manifesto that stated (his words) 

Britain must look at replacing the NHS with an insurance system within 10 years,

in the mean time we will introduce a voucher system ..

 

 


Ah so you are a mind reader and know his policies. ?

 


 

Duhhh NO

I was quoting Farage from a radio program. It was widely reported in the media and you can even get the program if you look.

 

 

Just like it was Telegraph reporter Christopher Hope asked Farage at the launch of the Brexit Party candidates:

“Will we ever see a manifesto? 

 

When pressed he responded with a generalisation:

“As far as the manifesto is concerned, we are fighting the 23rd of May on the issue of democracy,”

 

Which is rather rich from someone who's party had been fined £60,000 in February by the Information Commissioner's Office for illegal marketing messages,

and who was flatly avoiding stating a manifesto - which is one of most visible mechanisms for a democracy to hold politicians to account

as well as for politicians to clearly state their stance.

 

 

So no - I'm not a mind reader

I quote what these censored.gif actually say.

 

Its called taking people at their word - for what their word is worth.

 

 

 


Want Chlorine bleached chicken, Hormone riddled Beef, Climate Science Denial
.. Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?
If you DON'T then DON'T vote for Farage ... or Johnson
Brexit - built from Bull* by Bots
Luzern
Champion
Posts: 4,014
Thanks: 568
Fixes: 4
Registered: ‎31-07-2007

Re: BREXIT


@gleneagles wrote:

You are scraping the barrel a bit linking Farage to Hitler.

Perhaps all the 'facts' have drained away ?


@gleneagles Just a diffrent barrel containing diluted effluent from the same orifice, perhaps?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Posts: 19,137
Thanks: 383
Registered: ‎12-08-2007

Re: BREXIT


@Minivanman wrote:

@artmo 

Indeed, but within a debate it is evidence of an argument lost, or a pot empty of anything new to say.


Is this supposed to have some relevance?