Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREXIT

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: BREXIT

@artmo 

I think she misunderstood what that web site was trying to do. It recommended the tactical votes needed to ensure that the Brexit Party victory wasn't as strong as it otherwise would have been if traditional Lab and Con voters just voted as they always had in the past. The result worked out more or less as they predicted with an increased LibDem count.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@nozzer wrote:

@wotsup 

Could you post a link to the BMW statement you are citing please? All I can find are the likes of this one, published in March 2019, which says the opposite.

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/business/bmw-reminds-politicians-no-deal-brexit-puts-mini-factory-ris...

I know I read the BMW announcement last year but I can only find this reference.  BMW complained about lack of clarity and that is what business needs, they can handle the bad news as long as they know about it.  Our politicians are to blame for all the in-fighting that has clouded the issue of Brexit.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/979757/brexit-news-bmw-quit-uk-no-deal-airbus-siemens

Steve Baker resigned as Minister in DeXEU when May was offered a free trade deal by EU and turned it down because 'it did not keep us close enough to EU' - I always said May was a remainer and wanted a deal that was so bad it would not be accepted by Parliament..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/07/09/could-not-stay-brexit-minister-knew-could-have-free-...

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@artmo wrote:

@TTman wrote:

@Champnet  the beeb interviewed some people on the news who all voted differently. One women who voted Libdem was asked if she voted for the peoples vote she replied 'no it was a protest vote'. Seems to backup your theorySmileyWink

A very good friend of mine who has always voted Conservative in the past voted LibDem this time.

She told me there was a website that told you how to vote tactically to prevent the Brexit party getting in. Didn't work I don't think!

But then consider what may have happened had some people not voted tactically. It could have been worse.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

@RobC (and others), Channel 4 Dispatches is showing The Truth About Chlorinated Chicken on Monday 3rd June at 8 pm., filmed undercover in a major US poultry plant it claims.

Highlighted
Pro

The which consumer group report warnings are pay - but this is free

https://www.sustainweb.org/news/feb18_US_foodpoisoning/

"The US reports higher rates of illness from foodborne illness than in the UK. Annually, 14.7% (48m) of the US population suffer from an illness, versus 1.5% (1m) in the UK. This is nearly ten times the percentage of population"

Bleaching whether with chlorine or acid covers a multitude of sins with superficial whiteness...

ALSO:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-uk-product-safety-standards-dangerous-toys-a...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/chlorinated-chicken-brexit-us-trade-deal-acetic-acid-...

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

And who will buy that cheap parc ( oops sudden dyslexia attack;)? I don' think Moggs and Johnsons.

Joking: it'll be the lower in society, may be increasing mortality rate to save on pensions.Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Hero

All my life things have been labelled "Made in (country)" except in more recent years when some manufactured goods have come with a "Made in the EU" label.  We're a sizeable market so we should be able to insist on all food being described with country of origin or we'll shop elsewhere.  Even in the early days of our EEC-membership we imported New Zealand lamb, don't they do chicken down there, too?

Highlighted
Pro

@Jonpe wrote:

We're a sizeable market so we should be able to insist on all food being described with country of origin or we'll shop elsewhere. 

For Gods sake Jon

I've linked the terms that the US is setting out Read them.

Its at least TWO YES TWO  of the HANDFUL OF PRIMARY US negotiating points

So if we naff off the EU

and refuse the yanks sending their [-Censored-] stuff and opening the NHS markets to the US's most expensive in the world 'free market' system,

and the Japanese have their own deal, and it was just convenient and cost effective to continue with their existing set-up here as long as it remained tariff free

and the Indians want visas+++ and opening of the services market and post grad visas for students

and the aussies and NZ just want to send their beef and sheep a BIT cheaper than our home grown until we have no home market to speak of and then they can up the prices ...........

Who the hell are we going to trade with? and WHAT?

Let alone replace the cracking world wide deals we get as part of the EU? Benefiting in and part of the largest developed trade zone in the World

Ignore what one of the Brexit idiots posted about a grand EU free trade deal the EU offered and some Brexiter prat supposedly resigned over

- the context its presented in is BS.

The free trade deal the EU was, is, and will be offering is on limited goods/areas that suites the EU.

They have no problem with that. But no services, Very limited agriculture etc.

a small subset of our existing terms.

If you can't be harrarsed to read anything,

just take note of what ISN'T in any headlines about any grand trade deals ready to go 3 years down the line, and how Fox is promoting chlorinated chicken as a good deal.

The world and its markets have changed immensely in the last 40 years, and some of us remember how it REALLY was when we joined.

Brexit is Hong Kong sweatshop and Rights Bonfire Britain

A FEW get rich and the rest get poor

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 1

@RobC  How many of the 48m got food poisoning from chicken and not from other food or food being stored improperly?Huh

Highlighted
Pro

@TTman 

Read it yourself. Follow the links., and inform yourself

I can also supply links to pubmed articles going back years showing nothing is improving, but I wont - find them yourself,

or better yet watch the c4 dispatches when its on.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion

@RobC  I thought as you have read it you would have the answerThumbs_Up

Highlighted
Pro

I have, but even that misses the whole point of the issues with the wider industry in the US

You'll value it more if you get it yourself and I'll be happy to interact (if necessary) when you show you have.

but if you dont bother, then me bothering throwing up some compact version to be misinterpreted and argued over would be wasted effort wouldn't it?

Thats all that does happen.

Highlighted
Pro

@TTman 

Here you go for starters.

HERE

and

HERE

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion

@RobC  youre repeating yourself again....By the way ihad read it was just checking to see if youhad read it.

Highlighted
Hero

@RobC wrote:

Ignore what one of the Brexit idiots posted about a grand EU free trade deal the EU offered and some Brexiter prat supposedly resigned over

Idiots?  Prat?  Can you provide evidence for these assertions as well, or are they purely subjective, and in your view a mature way of describing those who don't share your opinions?