cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREXIT

Community Veteran
Fixes: 42

Re: BREXIT

Every time I see Terry May on the TV or hear her voice on the radio it just winds me up, and I get more and more wound up as this whole saga goes on. There is something about her that really, really gets on my wick.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@Minivanman 

Such is the nature of politics. I agree with you by the way; politicians will always have their cake and eat it as well. If they didn't they wouldn't be politicians.

The Swiss have compulsory referendums on "important" matters of state, with thresholds that indicate where the winning post is. They also have non-importand referendums that the government can ignore if it wants to. I think that's what we had in 2016. You'll have to ask Cameron why he did it that way because I have no idea!

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Breaking News tweets.

Waitrose car parks empty across the country as one million take part in people's vote march! Wink

Before her UK tour, Barbara Streisand tweets from her Malibu penthouse that "Brexit has made me poorer".Funny

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@nozzer 

All well and good I suppose but let those MPs beware, the ballot box looms.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 2

@RobPN wrote:

So whilst 4 million may have signed it, many more than 4 million haven't signed it.

So ignoring the lies, and the split between: leave with a (any) deal, leave with No deal, or as sold Leave with all the benefits etc

(considering just those three splits - only 1/3rd of Brexit voters (6 million) are perhaps going to get Brexit they voted for)

In the referendum - 17m voted to leave, ** so around 28 million didn't Vote to leave

... and as shown above - only about 5-6 million voted  for a Brexit they MIGHT get.

So its actually about 6M actual *possible* Brexit votes   vs   28 million + 12 million = 40 million who didn't vote for what they will get.

Thats the REALITY

@Luzern wrote:

Anyhow @RobPN @Minivanman  Why not start a ' Leave with no deal' petition, and prove your group's position is holding or not? Smiley

They did - it got 400,000 (less than a tenth of the still rising revoke votes)

Just like Farages March to Leave

sunderland Brexit march.jpeg

Versus Peoples Vote March

remain2.jpeg

Remain3.jpg

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit
Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Great march against democracy guys, nice one - but does anybody remember getting one of these?

Capture (2).PNG

"This is your decision The government will implement what you decide"... unless your MP decides they know better. 

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 8

@Minivanman wrote:

... does anybody remember getting one of these?

Capture (2).PNG

And how many people who wanted to vote Leave were swayed not to by the three lines in bold type in the left hand column?

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

Breaking News tweets.

Waitrose car parks empty across the country as one million take part in people's vote march! Wink

Before her UK tour, Barbara Streisand tweets from her Malibu penthouse that "Brexit has made me poorer".Funny

Don't worry, Remainers can't count..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/23/peoples-vote-campaigners-march-london-demanding-public-g...

Greater London Authority says their claims of numbers are 'grossly over-estimated' - and that is after arch-remainer Sadiq Khan't has doubled the number the Greater London people came up with...

Most remainers live inside the M25 anyway so a stroll in London waving a meaningless banner is a nice day out for them and then home in their Chelsea Tractor.. They won't use the bus or tube in case they have to stand next to one of those common leave voters...

idonno
Seasoned Pro

@RobC wrote:They did - it got 400,000 (less than a tenth of the still rising revoke votes)

Very true but when was this latest petition posted? Way back in February where it sat get a dribble of people signing it every now and then. It wasn't until people started posting about it and the media pointed it out that the bandwagon started rolling. 

As for the £ falling. It's been falling for years, last peaked in 2014 (way before the referendum). As someone who sends money abroad quite frequently, I can honestly say I look at the exchange rate just as much. Not that I have much control when school fees etc become due. It's hope and pray every time!

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
wotsup
Aspiring Champion

2 million ( if you believe organisers ) marched in London in 2003 against Tony B Liar Iraq invasion - fat lot of notice he took of them. 

BBC has an article that claims at least half the votes on remain petition are from overseas, and maybe others not registered voters in UK.  People who signed also come from a  few urban areas - the problem with online petitions they are so easy to rig,  just an email address and postcode needed even for ones on the government website..

https://twitter.com/thomasforth/status/1108518312105951235/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etw...

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Huge numbers of people support revoking article 50 and some people questioning the validity of the petition.

What is needed is a way to ensure that an accurate count of those supporting this proposition who are entitled to vote in this country. There is a simple established way to do this: a referendum.

The reason those favouring leave reject this is that they know they would lose.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
RobC
Pro

@idonno wrote:

@RobC wrote:They did - it got 400,000 (less than a tenth of the still rising revoke votes)

Very true but when was this latest petition posted? Way back in February where it sat get a dribble of people signing it every now and then. It wasn't until people started posting about it and the media pointed it out that the bandwagon started rolling. 

Yes, we can see that then the ball started rolling ... backwards ... very fast

... 400,000 vote Leaave No deal

... down to 200

... down to less than 100 day 2

... VS over a million at the Peoples Vote/Revoke Brexit march (No Corbyn though)...

You Brexiters do realise that voting Corbyn in is your best bet for Brexit now don't you? ROFL.

remain2.jpeg

Much harder to despite visible head counts isnt it

.. despite Brexit 'news services' trying with camera shots from 2 feet.

Farages Few:

sunderland Brexit march.jpeg

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit
Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
VileReynard
Champion
Fixes: 16

"As of 2.18pm on Sunday, 5,000,438 people had signed the petition [to remain in the EU], making it the most popular to have been submitted to the parliament website.

The previous highest total of 4,150,260 was for a 2016 petition calling for a second referendum should the initial poll not provide a definitive enough result."

Source:- The Guardian.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 8

Two people in yesterday's crowd were approached by the BBC (BBC News Channel this morning), and one of them with a continental accent said he'd come just for the march.  It would seem not even the BBC could find two people with the right to vote in the UK.

idonno
Seasoned Pro

Wonder how long it be before its blame the Bots

It's a bit like the BBC saying this and that minister was planning to take over from May. All the front runners have denied the reports. Fake news everywhere. They can't even make up their mind how many people actually marched/strolled around in London. I blame Brexit for all of it.

@RobC Yes, we can see that then the ball started rolling ... backwards ... very fast

... 400,000 vote Leaave No deal

... down to 200

... down to less than 100 day 2

But does it matter? Once you get above a certain threshold there really isn't any point adding to it. It's get debated anyway. All a bit pointless.

Anyway, just in case, I'm going to get the 1680 email addresses I have sharpened up ready for the next petition. Grin

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?