Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREXIT

wotsup
Seasoned Pro

Re: BREXIT

@RobC

I never said Euro needed the £, but vast majority of Euro clearing is done by city of London, the EU financial system ( LOL ) is lost without London, and despite their best efforts they have not attracted any of the London people to move to the failing EU - come to think of it I have never heard of anyone voluntarily going on board a sinking ship, not even rats...

The remain crybabies emboldened the EU with their antics, they had no reason to offer a worthwhile deal while they had such quislings with the opposing camp demanding a rerun of the referendum, when they see no such vote is coming and we won't accept the ball and chain of Irish border red herring they will have to get their thinking gear working to offer something worthwhile.

VileReynard
Champion
Fixes: 16

@wotsup What do you mean by Euro clearing?

I've ignored the rest of your rant.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 2

@wotsup wrote:

@RobC

I never said Euro needed the £, but vast majority of Euro clearing is done by city of London, the EU financial system

Yes, as an EU member, just like medicines contracts WERE

That will only be allowed temporarily in the event of any Brexit which does not address the required issues,

mainly to allow for the markets

.. else just like medicines contracts already gone (as they are important)

+ as @VileReynard has asked - You should also clarify what you mean by 'Euro clearing' rather than just the meaningless mail headline you spouted.

The EU doesn't really care if UK money marketers are prepared or not, just that the EU are.

and the EU are largely already ready

Not a meaningless mail headline - but not too difficult:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-clearing/eu-steps-up-preparations-for-euro-clearing-in-...

Want Chlorine bleached chicken, Hormone riddled Beef, Climate Science Denial
.. Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?
If you DON'T then DON'T vote for Farage
Brexit - built from Bull* by Bots
wotsup
Seasoned Pro

Seems like the Irish backstop in the implementation proposed is even illegal under EU law.

https://sites-herbertsmithfreehills.vuturevx.com/20/19043/landing-pages/a-view-from-brussels-februar...

christmas
Aspiring Pro

@wotsup wrote:

Seems like the Irish backstop in the implementation proposed is even illegal under EU law.

The same as lawyers said the Government had the legal right to trigger Article 50 without seeking MPs permission?

Looks like a bunch of lawyers bidding for business.

Lawyers will be among the most influential advisers to government over the withdrawal from the EU and the policy agenda going forward. Our profession will have a real opportunity to influence and shape the legal landscape and future reciprocal arrangements not only in post-Brexit Britain but in other member states of the EU and further afield.

The legal profession, in the very near term, stands to benefit. Clients, whether internal or external, will need comprehensive advice on how Brexit may affect their operations. From due diligence reviews aimed at uncovering Brexit sensitivities, to help formulating arguments for lobbying purposes and devising alternative structures, business for advisory and compliance practitioners will be increasingly brisk.

Transport Minister Chris Grayling is an expert on due diligence. 

VileReynard
Champion

There's been an external border on Cyprus between the Greek half (EU) and the Turkish half (non-EU) since 1974. But unless you want to bring the UN in to set up a demilitarised zone, you'd better settle for the Irish backstop.

wotsup
Seasoned Pro

https://www.tvp.info/25939587/europejskie-superpanstwo-zobacz-oryginalny-dokument

Here are the plans for finalisation of Franco-Jerman EU federal superstate,  the EU answer to anything

has always been 'more Europe, more centralisation of power' - and around the time of Brexit vote they

came up with this, leaked by the Polish who don't seem very fond of the idea.  For remain voters who are still in denial about the plannedfederal superstate mentioned by leave campaign, controlled by un-elected politburo this should make disturbing reading.  Site is Polish but scroll down and document is in English.

RobC
Pro

for info from wikipedia

Just weeks after winning the 2015 parliamentary elections, the conservative Law and Justice party passed a media law in December 2015 giving the government direct control over public broadcasting.

TVP Info is criticized for strong pro-government bias.

and of course it is a right wing 'populist' government controlling whats broadcast by tvpinfo - like RT (Russia Today)

How come the fanatics always call themselves the voice of Truth, The Voice of Reason, Truth and reason party, when they are generally anything but?

Wasn't this the government that one of the right wing UK Brexiter MPs' lobbied to try and get them to veto any UK Parliament  deal or extension or whatever .... in his fervor to bring back control to the UK's parliament

... They apparently won't - Our right wing was clearly a bit much even for them ... 

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/daniel-kawczynski-poland-no-deal-brexit-article-50-block-extension/

The word is bandied about a lot by Brexiters of MP's rightly going about their lawful business in the UK parliament, so I'm amazed that his actions weren't classed as treason when it came to light

... Working with a foreign government to thwart the wishes of the UK parliament and government

.. Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?
VileReynard
Champion

More Ferry News...Grin

Defence secretary Gavin Williamson says MoD will convert ferries into warships

Gavin Williamson has revealed plans to convert ferries into warships and spend £7 million on drones.

The Ministry of Defence is to procure two civilian passenger ferries or cargo vessels and convert them into warships, the defence secretary has announced.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/defence-secretary-gavin-williamson-says-mod-will-convert-ferries-...

Highlighted
RobC
Pro

@VileReynard wrote:

More Ferry News...Grin

Armed to the teeth with Soundbites and harsh rhetoric

The War Ferries will be largely harmless though.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Even more ferry news! Thumbs Up

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-11/eurotunnel-sues-u-k-government-over-no-deal-brexi...

In the mean time, Corbyn and May are in the process of doing a deal with each other so that May's deal is approved. Letters written to each other at  the weekend... reported in the FT. So if, like me, you voted to remain, there is nobody you can vote for that represents your views. It's being stitched up so that May's permanent membership deal without any voting rights will go through.

Corbyn to May: “Thank you for taking the time …We recognise that your priority is now to seek legally binding changes to the backstop …My colleagues and I look forward to discussing [our] proposals with you …

” May to Corbyn: “I am grateful to you …I can reassure you …I look forward to our teams meeting as soon as possible.”

VileReynard
Champion

Nice of them to dump 17+ million people.

BTW What did you mean by "May's permanent membership deal"?

I thought nothing is looking permanent - except the sense of impending doom.

Community Veteran

@VileReynard

By that I meant the Withdrawal Agreement as it currently stands. There are apparently no mentions of the UK having any voting or representational arrangements or any means of withdrawing from it should we wish to do so. That has caused severe gut-wrenxchng in the JRM camp and also many of the remainer MPs, hence the reason it was voted down last time.  "Why bother doing that? We might as well remain and have full voting rights with a means of withdrawal if we need it!".

Community Veteran

In a letter to Jeremy Corbyn, the Labour leader, the prime minister suggested legislation to enforce a promise to maintain workers’ rights and environmental protections after Brexit.

So workers rights are being used as a bargaining chip. The UK is totally screwed! How the hell did we get here?

Luzern
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 4

@VileReynard wrote:

More Ferry News...Grin

Gavin Williamson has revealed plans to convert ferries into warships and spend £7 million on drones.

The Ministry of Defence is to procure two civilian passenger ferries or cargo vessels and convert them into warships, the defence secretary has announced.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/defence-secretary-gavin-williamson-says-mod-will-convert-ferries-...

wwf Gordon-1888-01.jpgI wonder, are a couple of these from the Woolwich Free Ferry are still lying around.Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.