cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC presenters strike again...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

BBC presenters strike again...

Its the Anniversary Athletics from the Olympic stadium.
Presenter Gabby Logan took up most of the first 20 minutes of the one hour programme waffling unnecessarily to two other pundits. We had the 100m men's final, some ladies pole vault. More waffle by Gabby Logan. The Ladies 400m hurdles. More Gabby Logan dominating the conversation by now joined by Kelly Holmes doing her best to compete with Gabby Logan in the waffle stakes. One more pole vault followed by views of the crowd and the presentation of the runners for ladies 3000m which in fairness was shown in full of its somewhat tedious 8m.41s with replays of the finish a little men's discus thrown in. A last 5 minutes of Gabby Logan and a puff for Bolt.
And there was me thinking I was tuning in for some athletics.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
13 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: BBC presenters strike again...

you can't beat a bit lot of Gabby Logan
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

I prefer Denise Lewis Cool
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
TimeRider
Grafter

Is time we did away with the BBC in it's current form. Their poor, extreme biased reporting is now really boring. But of course, they get our cash whatever they do.
Razer
Grafter

They don't get mine.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

It can't be much fun for the BBC continually having to flog a dead horse.
The Olympics were a disaster in these times of economic woe.
Doing a cut-price rerun doesn't change anything.

Community Veteran

According to official figures the Olympics were not a disaster - they generated more money than they cost to stage.
I remember a year ago your comment that nobody would turn out to watch the Olympic Flame touring the UK - how wrong could you have been Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Anybody know if the athletics is going well. I turned it off after Jessica Ennis Hill came well down the field in the 110m hurdles.
I got fed up with listening to the time consuming  presenter forum.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: artmo
According to official figures...  Grin

Community Veteran

Quote from: Petlew
Anybody know if the athletics is going well.
I got fed up with listening to the time consuming  presenter forum.

After reading your post I did tune in and saw some good athletics but I know what you mean about Logan.  She just goes on and on without contributing anything of value.
It was good, however, to see the arena filled to capacity and everyone enjoying themselves.  The crowd really took Mo Farah to their hearts when the whole arena performed his famous Mobot as a salute Smiley
Community Veteran

There are only two sports presenters worthy of the name in my opinion (and I disliked John Inverdale before he was caught up in the recent sexist row) they are Hazel Irving and Sue Barker. Both have a happy knack of being gently self-effacing but able to draw coherent conversation from their interviewee's especially Hazel without resorting to "look I'm the presenter around here, what I'm saying is the most important thing on television"
By far the worst are the two male athletics pundits one of which is Steve Cram the other with the droning voice I forget his name, coupled up with the perpetually pushing the Olympic legacy Coe, made for some of the most boring television I've seen (or heard) in a very long time. None of whom seem to acknowledge that anything other than long-distance running exists in athletics, which lets face it is pretty boring to watch until the last lap.

valart
Grafter

I have been reading that Gary Linaker  bill for taxi fare from Surrey where he lives to Salford studios cost 15,000 a year that is just for him what about Hansem and co I am lucky I get free viewing because of my age,I think this is awful such a waste of money
Community Veteran

The BBC certainly know how to spend other peoples' money don't they Undecided
Community Veteran

I suppose its not worth suggesting Linaker and others pay their own fares like the rest of us from their hugely inflated salaries.
Just to play the devils advocate, If their agents are able to arrange these clauses in their contracts, we perhaps shouldn't blame the "stars".