cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC erase Chris Evans !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

BBC erase Chris Evans !

Chris Evans and "Flop Gear"... are being "erased" by the BBC.. and are reverting back to the old format for  Top Gear

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3930364/BBC-ditches-changes-Chris-Evans-s-Flop-Gear-includin...

14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: BBC erase Chris Evans !

The old format? As in with Clarkson? The Evans format was almost the same as the previous format. Just different people.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Erm..... 

quote from the linky ...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

the BBC will now revert to the format made popular under the old-guard. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Fixes: 47

The only way in my opinion to restore its popularity is to reinstate Clarkson Hammond and May.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

The BBC couldn't reinstate Clarkson...it would just feed his ego.They haven't got a studio big enough for his ego - if they asked him back they would need the O2 arena for his ego alone.

(Seriously, I wonder if he has the early stages of dementia - did you see him on QI? He made a joke of not being able to keep up, but I seriously think he had difficulties).
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Strangely enough just recently he has said that he loved working for the BBC too which was weird considering the fact he went out of his way to wind them up and then the impeccable timing which got himself sacked taking the other two with him after just filming a scene where he shouts "I hate working on top gear".

Now hes saying how wonderful it was working at the bbc? Can't help but wonder what he's up to if i'm honest.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Could just be a clever stunt by clarkson, get sacked, beeb are desperate for a replacement, find they can't replace the trio, the beeb goes to them on hands and knees begging them to return at increased pay and much more freedom to do what they want (as it was before the BBC bought Top Gear off clarkson)...

Community Veteran

If the BBC could erase both Evans and Clarkson, it would make me very happy Smiley

Community Veteran

twocvbloke wrote:

Could just be a clever stunt by clarkson, get sacked, beeb are desperate for a replacement, find they can't replace the trio, the beeb goes to them on hands and knees begging them to return at increased pay and much more freedom to do what they want (as it was before the BBC bought Top Gear off clarkson)...

It was a clever stunt (IMO) but not the way you put it. They wanted out, Clarkson was under contract, the other two had theirs coming up for renewal and could get out easily. Easy thing for clarkson to do was get himself sacked and then they could go off to a higher paying channel and do another show. He just needed a reason to do something sackable and naturally it came up. The BBC got stitched up over episodes they'd already sold round the world and lost a massive income at the same time as refunds. He knew what was going to happen, it was cleverly thought out tactical strike. They should have just kept him sweet instead of keep sniping at him.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Personally I wouldn't miss Evans at ALL. If he is on a channel then I make the move off it as soon as possible. Can't stand him.
Community Veteran

I have nothing against him, I just didn't think he was right for TG.

Nobody ever seems to be able to explain why they dislike him. I suspect for most its because he's ginger but they don't want to admit disliking him for that.

Fixes: 47

I thought he was good in Don't Forget Your Toothbrush.

Then again I'm fairly easy to please.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Minivanman
Hero

I don't like him because he's ginger.

Standby for somebody complaining Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

I dislike him on tv, I like him on radio ( nothing to do with appearance) and I respect the way he tired his life around after his problem in his early career.
Call me fickle!!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Fickle, are you saying CE has a face for Radio? Funny